[Mk2] [Turbo] new headunit bought..wrong iso?

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nickg07

[Mk2] [Turbo] new headunit bought..wrong iso?

Post by nickg07 »

hi so i have a mid 95 mr 2 turbo import with double din non active stereo. ive bought a kenwood kdc 6047 for a good price off a guy at work.

then i ordered this off ebay but before i go out and try and do this in the rain can anyone tell me if ivebught the right syuff or not? ive already hacksawed holes into the back of the fascia so i can run the usb input through and also my ebc which i was hoping to mount in there too. now im not sure if i have the right fascia

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180783471654? ... 2322wt_989
nickg07

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] new headunit bought..wrong iso?

Post by nickg07 »

right I've been out for a test fit, the fascia is too wide. then i lost the screwdriver somewhere and gave up, just before nearly snapping the cig lighter led trying to get the dash trim back in.
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

Okay so i used the stock brackets from the old player and cut down some new bolts as the stock one s were too wide to screw into the kenwood hu bolt holes.

so i relocated some bits and pieces and this is where i am upto:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

need some kind of blanking plate for the lower din as it looks just a little untidy!
REV3Ryan

Post by REV3Ryan »

As for the blanking plate you can get one off of an mr2 with single din radio, Its just a black plate that says Toyota in the corner and if you have used the old radio bracket it will bolt straight in place. I would post an image but I'm on my phone do I don't know how :/
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Post by loudandproud205 »

I put one of these in mine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIN-Car-Mitsu ... _720wt_813

I didn't like not having a cup holder lol.

Got boost?
Kinda!!!
0.3 bar FTL

Return to “ICE and Security”