Bad driving...by me

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

GeoffC320

Bad driving...by me

Post by GeoffC320 »

Was on the motorway last weekend and found my turnoff coming up sooner than I thought. Got over to the left as quick as I could but ended up making a snap decision to go over the beginning of the hatchings rather than carry on to the next junction.

Really lost all situational awareness and nearly collected a guy who was overtaking in the righthand lane of the slip road. He had to pull over to the left sharpish with much horn beeping, I carried on past and tucked into the slow lane as quick as I could, whereby he came past again and gave me a bit more abuse. :oops: Quite rightly too as I would be livid if anyone had done the same to me (they have done in the past).

No harm done but could easily have gone horribly wrong - felt very ashamed of myself and resolved to do better in future. :-$
Ekona

Re: Bad driving...by me

Post by Ekona »

Top man for admitting your mistake and posting up, not many would :clap:
GeoffC320

Post by GeoffC320 »

Ekona wrote:Top man for admitting your mistake and posting up, not many would :clap:

I just hope nobody else is tempted to do what I did, it would've been annoying to go to the next junction and come around, but at the end of the day it's just 15 minutes or so of wasted time.

The alternative is possibly writeoff of several vehicles/severe injuries/death. :pale:

SO not worth it. :clown:

What I felt worse about was both the lapses of concentration (missing the turnoff and not spotting the guy behind), in my defence I can only say I had my indicator on well in advance but I can see why my move was still unexpected.

Not my finest hour. 8-[
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

It happens to the best of us mate, no-one is perfect all the time. I mis-judged an oncoming car's speed as I entered a roundabout just yesterday, causing him to lift where he shouldn't have had to. I wouldn't call it dangerous, but I've had it happen to me enough times and I know the rage that builds inside so I was quick to put my hand up in acknowledgement of my mistake.

Lesson learnt, never do it again and all that.
Draven

Post by Draven »

I changed lane on the m1 ages ago and nearly cut someone up.. was in my blind spot and I wasn't paying lots of attention.

Things like that make you realise that you need to be more careful.

Return to “Driving Experiences”