just got nailed on roundabout...

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

nickg07

just got nailed on roundabout...

Post by nickg07 »

pulled up at the lights on a sliproad roundabout and had a tt-rs pull up bext to me. i floor it a bit but he really boots it. i dont rev it out as im too scared to do so and he just belts around my outside and pulls in front of me.

im like damn if thats a 2.0 turbo maybe my car isnt as gealthy as i thought.

just checked the stats and its a 2.5l 340ps with quattro so he probably had no fear of spinning off.

0-60 in 4 5 secs . so watch out these are quick!
Charged
IMOC Committee

Re: just got nailed on roundabout...

Post by Charged »

nickg07 wrote:

0-60 in 4 5 secs . so watch out these are quick!

meh!
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

It doesn't take much work to get a TTRS up to silly power, especially the DSG 'boxed ones. They are slightly dull, but ridiculously quick cars.
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

yes i mean a modified mr2 might well be as quick to 60 but going around roundabout do you have full confidence to get therein less than 5 seconds.

even in the damp he had lots of confidence.
Rob B

Post by Rob B »

I've been quite impressed with these just basic mods and they are over 400bhp. Evo timed a standard one to 100mph and it got 11secs. Sound good too.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

There's whole arguments on the GTR forum on how the TTRS with just a few mods can be as quick as an R35 GTR...(stock of course).
Rob B

Post by Rob B »

As quick is always a vague statement. I think it would take more then a few to make it as fast especially after a ton. Theres a race on youtube on a runway and one sided is an understatement.
MrLuke

Post by MrLuke »

Also jap cars tend to be built to modify... I don't mean as in its irresistible to tweak them but that there is a whole load of extra capacity engineered in but unused :)
BarronMR

Post by BarronMR »

MrLuke wrote:Also jap cars tend to be built to modify... I don't mean as in its irresistible to tweak them but that there is a whole load of extra capacity engineered in but unused :)

I'd imagine the days of overengineered jap cars are long gone, no reason these days to sacrifice a whole load of profit designing components for excessive loading ie tuning. Also no power limits imposed on jap cars like in the 90's, so if they want a more capable car they just design it so.

This is a vastly generalised statement, there will still be exceptions to the rule but not as common in designs from the 90's.
shibby!

Post by shibby! »

BarronMR wrote:
MrLuke wrote:Also jap cars tend to be built to modify... I don't mean as in its irresistible to tweak them but that there is a whole load of extra capacity engineered in but unused :)

I'd imagine the days of overengineered jap cars are long gone, no reason these days to sacrifice a whole load of profit designing components for excessive loading ie tuning. Also no power limits imposed on jap cars like in the 90's, so if they want a more capable car they just design it so.

This is a vastly generalised statement, there will still be exceptions to the rule but not as common in designs from the 90's.

GT86, Subaru BRZ
BarronMR

Post by BarronMR »

shibby! wrote:
BarronMR wrote:

GT86, Subaru BRZ

:lol:

And on the other foot you have GTR, historically a tuners dream car. Based upon my limited knowledge of current model, isn't exactly tuner friendly.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

BarronMR wrote:And on the other foot you have GTR, historically a tuners dream car. Based upon my limited knowledge of current model, isn't exactly tuner friendly.

ORLY? :)

IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Rob B

Post by Rob B »

New model seems to be getting more tuner friendly everyday. I think people are stil protecting their warranties. Plus they are fast enough to start with :D
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I'd say most GTRs are tuned actually, it's really cheap to buy a COBB and up the boost!

Return to “Driving Experiences”