Camouflage MR2

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

A.BLAKE

Camouflage MR2

Post by A.BLAKE »

Been thinking its time to address the exterior of the 2 and i want something a bit unique... So my idea is, Border front bumber and skirts, carben quad head light conversion, carbon fibre bonnet and drift style spoiler and camouflage paint work (not on the bonnet and spoiler)

Opinions?? would want the finish matte not shiney ...

this is how she looks atm

Peter C

Re: Camouflage MR2

Post by Peter C »

Sounds like a great way to f*** up a superb looking car!
Draven

Post by Draven »

Nice as is...

Camo = NOOO!!!
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

Agreed the car looks mint atm. The kit sounds good but stay away from paint.
craig

Post by craig »

Kit sounds good, forget the camo paint.
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

No one sees my vision!! LOL

Remember a few years back on the gumball rally thing a load of the people skinned there lambos in camo and they looked siiiiick...

I just think camo with carbon would be crazy... especially with the gold wheels..
craig

Post by craig »

A.BLAKE wrote:No one sees my vision!! LOL

Remember a few years back on the gumball rally thing a load of the people skinned there lambos in camo and they looked siiiiick...

I just think camo with carbon would be crazy... especially with the gold wheels..

I think I speak on behalf of 99.9% of the members of IMOC (the 0.01% being you) when I say Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo to camo :mrgreen:

The car looks so clean mate, kit it, but don't ruin it :(
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

There was a nice black and white skyline drift taxi at japfest. But don't do it man
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

LOL maybe you have a point...

Going to re-trim the interior when i get some time, hand stitched ostrich skin me thinks :lol: but i wanted something really original for the exterior... But i dont want it flashy or to fast and furious looking...

Seen this the other day which i think is amazing... yes its a bit extreme but i love the look its craaaazzy

xanthus400

Post by xanthus400 »

[-X dont do it fella [-X
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

On the flip side if you want to do something totally different to what anyone else has on here go for it.

It does look great as it is, but wouldnt it be boring if we all stuck to the same styles and did what everybody else wanted us to do. Your car your style.
riot68

Post by riot68 »

Car does.look mint as is, however I'm with the better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't crowd. I'm also a Graff artist, have done vans before so if you fancy a little commission let me know...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
Racer7

Post by Racer7 »

Erm... just my 2pence worth, but I think your plans for the car are at odds with the products you produce (going by your website). Whilst the MR2 is not exactly an Aston Martin (hows about getting your bank manager to allow for one of those as a business expense!) I think it should continue the theme of the product and the brand.

Looking at the site you've gone for a (deliberately or otherwise) a clean look, san-serif crisp typeface. I think a text based decal in your 'corporate' font would be enough. Clean and [sort of] not shouty.

I suppose it depends where you see your label going. I.e. if you have a diffusion line of more urban/street themed product then the heavier branding could work...
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Google found this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I think that about answers your question. ;)
mozzafan07

Post by mozzafan07 »

Tsia wrote:Google found this
Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://url316.imageshack.us/url316/3038/picbybob164sl2.jpg[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I think that about answers your question. ;)

this is why you should not leave crayons out for the unsupervised

whats the betting the car has a bumper sticker that says

"I love GUNS...........................and Jesus"
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

I'm sorry but if I saw a camo MR2 in the flesh it would just scream "chav" at me (just being honest). I would then throw up a little... Lol - its a personal taste thing, and I prefer my cars a little more standard. If you want to do it then I say go for it, but just be fully aware what your doing...

Your car looks lovely as it is, and you would spend a lot of money on a custom paint job that would de-value the car massively (re-sale would be difficult!!)

If you want to trial a custom paint job why not try it on a rough/dying or project MR2 as oppossed to such a clean example?

Just my 2 pence anyway

As said before, at the end of the day its your car so crack on and do what you want with it :thumleft:

Best of luck whatever you do and keep us updated
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

Deffo do it man...I have had loads of rats...and they are cool as fk...had a lambretta once that I covered in metalset and stuck loads of other lamby parts to it...chopped it, the lot...very effective....mine is currently camoflaged as a sh1tter from the midlands but really it's a nice car from Essex :thumleft:
riot68

Post by riot68 »

Let's not dis the Midlands ;) ...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
Marf

Post by Marf »

A.BLAKE wrote:So my idea is, Border front bumber and skirts, carben quad head light conversion, carbon fibre bonnet and drift style spoiler and camouflage paint work (not on the bonnet and spoiler)

jack-p

Post by jack-p »

I think just re-do the interior with something a bit special and classy and leave the exterior. The people who appreciate a como/carbon car aren't likely to be your customers, just look at your website, if that merc' was camo i doubt that posh bloke would be holding a handbag next to it :wink:
the rat look is a fashion that has passed in my opinion, it was cool when it first started but at the end of the day they just ruined a nice rx7

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”