[Mk2] [Turbo] Stereo AUX - USB lead...

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Slarty

[Mk2] [Turbo] Stereo AUX - USB lead...

Post by Slarty »

Hey guys,

I have a Sony CDX-GT300 stereo and would like to play music from a memory stick, however (from a quick google) I can only find leads that have a male USB port on the end, not a female?

Am I being stupid and it's not something that can be done or am I searching for the wrong kind of thing?

Thanks in advance :)
Draven

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Stereo AUX - USB lead...

Post by Draven »

So basically you want a usb extension cable.

Scratch that just checked your headunit out.. nope you can't do that.. you can only get a dual stereo cable.
Last edited by Draven on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woz_106

Post by woz_106 »

From reading your title and op, your after a cable with a male 3.5mm aux plug one end and a female usb the other?

If that's the case I dont think it can be done as aux is analog signal and usb digital...can be done the other way hence the leads you found...but not the way you want.

I'm not massively clued up but afaik that is right. See if someone else with abit more knowledge can confirm.

:)
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

woz_106 wrote:From reading your title and op, your after a cable with a male 3.5mm aux plug one end and a female usb the other?

If that's the case I dont think it can be done as aux is analog signal and usb digital...can be done the other way hence the leads you found...but not the way you want.

I'm not massively clued up but afaik that is right. See if someone else with abit more knowledge can confirm.

:)

Yeah that is what I was after and poobums, that's what I thought :( Oh well, scratch that idea then lol.

Thanks for the replies though guys :thumleft:
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

woz_106

Post by woz_106 »

oooo looks like you can, I think thats what he is after...good find mate!
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

Hmmmm now that is interesting! Shame I don't have a fleabay account though lol, but if such a thing exists, I should be able to find one elsewhere :)
Draven

Post by Draven »

I just can't see how it would work.

The stereo jack will not put out 5volts. the headunit would not be able to control the memory stick it simply just wouldn't know how via a stereo jack..

[-(

Return to “ICE and Security”