[Mk2] [Turbo] led dash lights

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

andya24

[Mk2] [Turbo] led dash lights

Post by andya24 »

Am i right in thinking the above (10-20 quid ebay) are just little leds you can buy from countless shops for pence.or am i missing something?
KerryN

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] led dash lights

Post by KerryN »

andya24 wrote:Am i right in thinking the above (10-20 quid ebay) are just little leds you can buy from countless shops for pence.or am i missing something?

Just buy them in bundles of 10 or 20 of e bay via China for a max of £11.00 delivered :thumleft:
mrfil13

Post by mrfil13 »

If I remember rightly they are the same fitting as the side lights. Get ones with about 5 leds on the one do that it spreads out otherwise you just get very bright little areas.
riot68

Post by riot68 »

mrfil13 wrote:If I remember rightly they are the same fitting as the side lights. Get ones with about 5 leds on the one do that it spreads out otherwise you just get very bright little areas.

Exactly, tried a few in kine but the cheapest red ones I had look the best, just need 4 of them...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
andya24

Post by andya24 »

Any soldering required or just push in?
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

andya24 wrote:Any soldering required or just push in?

Just push in. They're the tip of the iceberg of what you can do in there though. I'm deep into some interior fettling at the moment :wink:
andya24

Post by andya24 »

Wish id took a pic the other day phil of my wiring,you would of loved it,stripped it out and couldnt work out how to put it back,leaving it for peter next time!
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

andya24 wrote:Wish id took a pic the other day phil of my wiring,you would of loved it,stripped it out and couldnt work out how to put it back,leaving it for peter next time!

Worrying isn't it ](*,)

Mine's less than perfect, however I'm trying to work through it one step at a time. Pulling the amps and subs has helped :wink:

In terms of these dash LEDs though, it's a simple job. Pull off the dash trim, take out the clock assembly, remove the stock bulbs, install the LEDs, reverse the previous steps :thumleft: Mine should be here tomorrow, which are white to match the dome lights I'm currently installing :wink:

If you need any help give me a shout :thumleft:
andya24

Post by andya24 »

Very worrying!

Cheers bud :thumleft:

Return to “Electrical”