Has anyone got the Mass Effect 3 N7 edition!?

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

thai boxer

Has anyone got the Mass Effect 3 N7 edition!?

Post by thai boxer »

GAME and Gamestation have royally screwed us!! :evil: They've lost the contract to sell EA games so that means all the pre-orders for Mass Effect 3 (huge game!) have been canceled and they've told people to buy it elsewhere.......thats great......but its completely sold out! C**TS!! :evil:

If anyone on here has ordered more than one copy of the limited collectors edition please let me know. :thumleft:

GAME and Gamestation may well be going down the plug hole very soon, if you've got game vouchers with them....spend em quick! :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Marf

Re: Has anyone got the Mass Effect 3 N7 edition!?

Post by Marf »

thai boxer wrote:GAME and Gamestation have royally screwed us!! :evil: They've lost the contract to sell EA games so that means all the pre-orders for Mass Effect 3 (huge game!) have been canceled and they've told people to buy it elsewhere.......thats great......but its completely sold out! C**TS!! :evil:

If anyone on here has ordered more than one copy of the limited collectors edition please let me know. :thumleft:

GAME and Gamestation may well be going down the plug hole very soon, if you've got game vouchers with them....spend em quick! :thumleft:

Firstly, settle petal :lol:

Secondly, they didn't lose the contract, EA's credit terms were not favourable to their business so GAME terminated their agreement with EA.

EA are the bad guys here, they're trying to milk this release for all it is worth, hence not selling it on for PC on Steam(where ME1 and 2 were £30 each) and charging £35 for it on their own content delivery system, Origin.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Marf wrote:
thai boxer wrote:GAME and Gamestation have royally screwed us!! :evil: They've lost the contract to sell EA games so that means all the pre-orders for Mass Effect 3 (huge game!) have been canceled and they've told people to buy it elsewhere.......thats great......but its completely sold out! C**TS!! :evil:

Firstly, settle petal :lol:

Secondly, they didn't lose the contract, EA's credit terms were not favourable to their business so GAME terminated their agreement with EA.

EA are the bad guys here, they're trying to milk this release for all it is worth, hence not selling it on for PC on Steam(where ME1 and 2 were £30 each) and charging £35 for it on their own content delivery system, Origin.

:wink:

Yes and no. EA have ALWAYS been money grabbing c**ts but GAME and gamestation are just as bad. Their game management and prices are terrible! Pre-owned games selling for a lot more then you can buy them brand new elsewhere, keeping games at full prices for ages and some at starting prices of £42/44.99, trade ins are worth f**k all now too. They've been losing money for years and last year was their worst year yet. Stores have been closing recently and things arnt looking good for them at all, this mass effect 3 pre-order f**k up is just the icing on the cake.
Marf

Post by Marf »

Forgive me, but if they're that bad why did you buy from them in the first place?? :clown:

I've not pre-ordered my PC copy yet, need to pull my finger out!
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Marf wrote:Forgive me, but if they're that bad why did you buy from them in the first place?? :clown:

I've not pre-ordered my PC copy yet, need to pull my finger out!

...because they 'were' the only place selling the limited edition versions thats why.......hence my original post! :clown:

You're forgiven.
:wink:

...and FYI all PC and 360 LE versions have sold out. You can still get them on PS3 because no one wants it on that apparently!
Marf

Post by Marf »

I'm just going for digital download, don't care about the bumph :)

Are you sure game were the sole supplier?

It seems that it's listed on a number of sites, albeit out of stock.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Marf wrote:I'm just going for digital download, don't care about the bumph :)

Are you sure game were the sole supplier?

It seems that it's listed on a number of sites, albeit out of stock.

Yep 100%. Game and gamestation exclusive for the CE versions, thats why everyone is now p*ssed with them for cancelling their orders a week before it comes out.
Marf

Post by Marf »

Fair enough. All I can suggest is that you call EA and ask them what they're doing about supplying CE in the uk

0870 2432435
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Marf wrote:Fair enough. All I can suggest is that you call EA and ask them what they're doing about supplying CE in the uk

0870 2432435

Cheers mate. :thumleft:

I'm not that fussed TBH, if I can get one I'll get one, if not no bother.
Marf

Post by Marf »

TBH all I care about is will I be able to recruit a Krogan to my team!?! :lol:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Marf wrote:TBH all I care about is will I be able to recruit a Krogan to my team!?! :lol:

:lol: ..and the answer is yes! \:D/
Marf

Post by Marf »

I'd heard no! :D

What's your source? Is it Grunt or is Wrex making a welcome return!!? Wrex is in the demo, but only as an incidental character.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Marf wrote:Secondly, they didn't lose the contract, EA's credit terms were not favourable to their business so GAME terminated their agreement with EA.

Not quite right. GAME are in the verge of going pop and have been for months, and as such they are having to negotiate their credit with the major games publishers. Understandably EA are loathe to let a ton of games out to GAME just in case they then go bust, and so are hedging their bets by getting more per unit. It's common sense, not money grabbing and EA are far from the bad guys at all. Ubisoft did the same with their Vita launches last week, and they won't be the last.

All the CE stuff will be available as DLC soon after it gets released anyway, save your cash and buy it that way. All the other pretty stuff like covers & books is nice to look at but irrelevant to the game IMHO.
Marf

Post by Marf »

Fair enough, I stand corrected on the game front. I still feel EA are milking it as much as they can by putting the PC release on Origin and charging full retail for it.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I don't mind too much when premium games cost a premium, because they're worth it and especially in the case of the ME series (and the Morrowind & Fallout ones too) you get so many hours of playtime, it becomes a bargain.

It's paying horrendous money for average games that gets my goat.
Marf

Post by Marf »

It's a fair point, if ME3 has as much game play in it then it'll be less than a £1/hr.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona wrote:

All the CE stuff will be available as DLC soon after it gets released anyway, save your cash and buy it that way. All the other pretty stuff like covers & books is nice to look at but irrelevant to the game IMHO.

Exactly mate. Thats why I've f**ked off the CE and bought the SE (with extra DLC) for £32! :thumleft:

Not sure whats gona happen with GAME and Gamestation (owned by the same company) this year then, dont think they will close down just yet but you never know with the state of everything atm. You'll hear about online before you see anything close or shut down anyway, and then its SELL SELL SELL!!!! :D

You can and always have been able to buy games and consoles cheaper online than in Game and Gamestation anyway. I only used them because I always get loads of vouchers from friends and family and build up 'reward points' with them.

Game.co.uk has much better prices than in store anyway as they are a separate company to the high street stores.

Return to “Games Consoles”