[Mk2] [NA] clifford remotes

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

shogun666

[Mk2] [NA] clifford remotes

Post by shogun666 »

when i got my 2 it had a clifford g5 alarm fitted but the bloke had lost the remotes, how do i get round this
p5ycho

Re: [Mk2] [NA] clifford remotes

Post by p5ycho »

shogun666 wrote:when i got my 2 it had a clifford g5 alarm fitted but the bloke had lost the remotes, how do i get round this

buy some new or second hand remotes of ebay, bring the car round to me or anyone with clifford dealer software, or download software of the net, get an ancient laptop with a rs232 output,. buy the cable of ebay, and program the fobs into the alarm..

takes bout 5 minutes to do if you got all the kit
timlowthian

Post by timlowthian »

I have a G5 in my 2 as well but with only one fob which worries me! The problem is though i don't know the valet code for the alarm guessing you couldn't program a new fob without it?
Rev 1 NA to Turbo conversion!
p5ycho

Post by p5ycho »

timlowthian wrote:I have a G5 in my 2 as well but with only one fob which worries me! The problem is though i don't know the valet code for the alarm guessing you couldn't program a new fob without it?

all depends on how the alarm brain has been setup,, I can get around the code sometimes if the brain hasn't been locked out by the installer..
if you have blackjax fitted then you need to punch in a code each time you drive, since it seems you havent got blackjax, it shouldnt be a problem acessing the alarm and programming a new fob.
I fit clifford alarms on my own and wifes cars, the alarms came with 2 fobs each, but I added a 3rd fob each to both, I even programmed my main keyfob to operate the alarms on both cars so I only needed to carry one fob,
timlowthian

Post by timlowthian »

So if i was to buy the cable off ebay and find somewhere to get the software from you think it would be worth a shot?
Rev 1 NA to Turbo conversion!
p5ycho

Post by p5ycho »

timlowthian wrote:So if i was to buy the cable off ebay and find somewhere to get the software from you think it would be worth a shot?

Cable off eBay, and software u can download from the Clifford website, the version u get from there is the public version, and is pretty safe to use, the installer version has a few extra settings that u won't need to worry with, they're mainly to do with remote start setup..
shogun666

Post by shogun666 »

looking at mine today theres a usb type cable hanging down from the main box with like a 3 pin connecter, and i was looking on ebay and theres a g5 wizerd disc and cable, so might get that and give it a go , just got a second hand remote off there too

Return to “ICE and Security”