The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Magic Beans

Re: The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Post by Magic Beans »

jack-p wrote:Nope, not even the clear plastic there and no sign of the wires behind the trim for it which would suggest i never had one? :? its a uk car. I want the clear LED ring!

Weird :-k So no white plastic sheath over the barrel, no wires etc?
JayUK91

Post by JayUK91 »

Magic Beans wrote:
jack-p wrote:Nope, not even the clear plastic there and no sign of the wires behind the trim for it which would suggest i never had one? :? its a uk car. I want the clear LED ring!

Weird :-k So no white plastic sheath over the barrel, no wires etc?

I think that's normal for a UK car, my Rev4 isn't illuminated either.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

That answers that then. :thumleft:

You should be able to pick one up easily enough though.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Boost leak! Even after replacing the clamps. Well, part from the PITA one pushed right up against the firewall...! :neutral:

Frustrated

That is all..
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

:wink:
Draven

Post by Draven »

Nice :mrgreen:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Draven wrote:Nice :mrgreen:

:thumleft:

It was time to replace the old mismatching plates, especially as the front is currently a UK sized plate bolted over an import holder ](*,)
andya24

Post by andya24 »

Boost leaks are a top chuckle mate
In no way do they ever lead to absolute unhealthy obbsesion with spending your entire fre life with your head so far in the engine bay you become an integral part of the mechanics of your car

They also always end in the last place you expect/check regardless of where you start looking

Enjoy! :thumleft:
Boost goes up fuel goes down....thats the way the cookie crumbles my friend!
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Thinking about it logically, it can only be connected to something I've just tampered with - The new IC and it's pipework. :-k

I took an extra-long lunch today and connected it all back up again and it looks to be 50% better. So where the hell else could it be?! :-k

Perhaps I'm better to get new pipes made, to replace the bends and extra hoses.
andya24

Post by andya24 »

Honestly mate could be anywhere,but logically yes the ic is the first place to check,are you using wideband clips? All seated correctly? If so then its just trial and error taking off and checking each individual componant,ensure you havent knocked of any small hoses that may go to wherever,also bear in mind and im no expert but if you have replaced the ic with a larger core and not touched the boost settings then i would expect the very smallest of reduction in boost,1psi or less,but i may be wrong,how much boost are you losing?
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I wasn't, it wasn't standard jubilee clips before. However yesterday I picked these up

Last night I pulled the lot and put those in, then realised the one closest to the firewall was going to be my new nemesis. Swearing, sweating, bleeding and effort ensued, with me eventually emerging sore but victorious. Well ,apart from the vac/boost issue ](*,)

You might be on to something regarding the drop. I think the frustrating thing is not knowing for sure, so forever having to raise your hand and bother others for knowledge. :oops: I'm learning though, as much as I can absorb in any given day :D
craig

Post by craig »

Good stuff mate, was it an ebay intercooler kit? Some of them come with really crap clamps :evil:
andya24

Post by andya24 »

Your not the only one,i could write what i know one the back of a stamp.however half the pleasure of doing every job is the learning,no matter how small
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

RedMR² wrote:Good stuff mate, was it an ebay intercooler kit? Some of them come with really crap clamps :evil:

It's the modified ARC IC which Chris was selling on here. A titan of an IC, it's just my existing clamps which let it all down :oops:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

andya24 wrote:Your not the only one,i could write what i know one the back of a stamp.however half the pleasure of doing every job is the learning,no matter how small

Completely agree. Most of the builds I've seen have been over the course of months and years. We're only a couple of months in, so there's still a long road ahead. :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Nice intercooler :thumleft:
andya24

Post by andya24 »

Magic Beans wrote:
andya24 wrote:Your not the only one,i could write what i know one the back of a stamp.however half the pleasure of doing every job is the learning,no matter how small

Completely agree. Most of the builds I've seen have been over the course of months and years. We're only a couple of months in, so there's still a long road ahead. :thumleft:

Just dont make the mistake i have been guilty of recently.....not enjoying that journey

No point spending tonnes of time and money constantly chasing the next goal,and in the meantime forgetting to enjoy the goal just achieved

Ha that was a bit deep!
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

RedMR² wrote:Nice intercooler :thumleft:

:thumleft: Until you try and install it :shock:
craig

Post by craig »

Magic Beans wrote:
RedMR² wrote:Nice intercooler :thumleft:

:thumleft: Until you try and install it :shock:

Oh yeah, getting the stock one out is almost as much of a b1tch as removing that bloody cover over the interior dome lights :evil:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

andya24 wrote:
Magic Beans wrote:

Just dont make the mistake i have been guilty of recently.....not enjoying that journey

No point spending tonnes of time and money constantly chasing the next goal,and in the meantime forgetting to enjoy the goal just achieved

Ha that was a bit deep!

Deep but spot on. Something I've been guilty of with my house. I'm a bit of an obsessive worker, who's only happy when busy doing something does it show? ;) ). Meanwhile appreciating what you have passes by and you're left with what's essentially a job.

My aim with this car is to do the bulk of the work now, then when the weather's good, use it, enjoy it and consider what you might like to do when it's garage time again. Then repeat next year. I'd like to get to some meets or events too, when the sun has his hat on 8)

Return to “Member Profiles”