[Mk2] [Generic] System advice

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

RikH77

[Mk2] [Generic] System advice

Post by RikH77 »

All,

Completely no idea when it comes to stereos/subs/amps watts rms etc etc

Got myself an alpine ida-x100 headunit cheap and just picked up a type e 10" sub brand new for £10.

Im wanting to run 2 10" alpine subs in neil turbo boxes (maybe only 1 if sufficient).

What sort of amp will i need?????

Just wanting a decent sounding system and i could transfer from car to car over the years.

cheers
Draven

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] System advice

Post by Draven »

You need to know the RMS / MAX wattage of the Speakers in order to match to an approprate amplifier..

Ideally you want an amp that can Match or be slightly lower RMS than your speakers.. :mrgreen:
Road_Rebel

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] System advice

Post by Road_Rebel »

depends what your looking at achieving.

If your looking for a decent sound just for your own pleasure then 2 components and 1 10" sub behind a seat will be more than enough! reason you dont need rear speakers is because the mr2 cockpit is very small and the rear speaker are VERY close to your head. The sound from the front speakers will reflect from the back of the car easily

If its to show off at cruises then i do not know whats recommended or if there is even a limit!

Im going for Hertz energy components 5.25"
Hertz 4 channel ep4 amp (will be bridging 2 of the channels to power the sub)
And 10" sub behind the drivers seat, I dont know what sub yet but i will post on here once i know.

Music i listen to mainly is Rock, Drum & Bass and many sorts of Dubstep

Return to “ICE and Security”