MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

synXero

Re: MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo

Post by synXero »

The carbon discs on the dials were a great idea.

I fancy the steering wheel out of a Lexus GS in mine, after sitting in one... Nappa leather so nice...

Nic

Post by Nic »

The Lexus steering wheels are the same fit as the Toyota, the Lexus ISF steering wheels looks great, one fitted on a Supra here.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread ... ost3608861

The latest range of Toyota steering wheels are great, really well designed, the profile of the perforated grips is just perfect on mine. My car came fitted with a genuine Momo steering wheel which was far too small and just felt aweful to use in comparison.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
synXero

Post by synXero »

There wasn't an IS in the showroom... But I want one of them! Where did you get yours?
Nic

Post by Nic »

synXero wrote:There wasn't an IS in the showroom... But I want one of them! Where did you get yours?

The Supra isn't mine but I think the guy paid a lot for it, any of the Toyota/Lexus leather airbag steering wheels are £K+ new.

My 2012 Yaris leather steering wheel I bought from a breakers for £90, it was basically brand new, no sign of any wear or use. I then tracked down a blown airbag for £40, used a special glue to bond the blown PP cover back together and then used 3M di-Noc cf vinyl to cover this. My car didn't come fitted with airbags so it wasn't a issue. Finding a working airbag would have cost a lot more.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
Nic

Post by Nic »

Just finished stripping down the front of the car ready for the new radiator, AC condenser, replacement bumper and front wings. I have a few bits and pieces to source before it can go back together, if anyone has any of the following parts please get in touch.

1. Front wheel arch liners and front under trays in good condition.
2. Genuine Toyota Rev4+ clear front indicators and lenses in good condition.
3. Genuine Toyota steering front fog lights in good condition.
4. Front crash bar in good condition.
5. Full length (no side markers) front bumper side mouldings ideally in 8B6 Caribbean Blue but may be interested in other colours.

Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
Nic

Post by Nic »

New radiator, radiator fans, AC condenser and AC drier fitted. Had the AC system pressure tested, cleaned, oiled and re-gassed today, the AC is now working perfectly for the first time since I bought the car.

All rusted parts removed, media blasted and re-sprayed, all rusted bolts replaced with brand new stainless steel one.

Replacement front wings undersealed and fitted today, need to wire in the new wing mounted side markers, then fit the new wheel arch liners. Bumper cleaned up, front meshed and assembled ready to fit, new fog lights and indicators also to fit, so should get it be back on the road next week :D
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
Nic

Post by Nic »

My new favorite tool, all front fog light mounts fitted with M5 rivnuts and upper front bumper support with M6 rivnuts. Everything finally ready to reassemble now. :)
Last edited by Nic on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
matt-mr2

Post by matt-mr2 »

Nic wrote:My new favorite tool, all front fog light mounts fitted with M5 rivnuts and upper front bumper support with M6 rivnuts. Everything finally ready to reassemble now. :)

Great piece of kit aren't they :wink:

Cars coming on great :thumleft:
Dod

Post by Dod »

Looking good mate , dont suppose you fancy selling the headlights ?? :wink: lol

Return to “Member Profiles”