Neighbours and loud exhausts!!!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

A.BLAKE

Neighbours and loud exhausts!!!

Post by A.BLAKE »

I love my de-cat japspeed... However my neighbour does not.. "Why is it making this ridiculous noise!" Well its a sports car, thats how its sounds.. "My son owns two porsche,s and they dont make such a racket, blah blah blah." This women is a serious xxxx! Any way my other neighbour who is nice and normal came round to say she received a letter from the xxxx trying to gather support for a official complaint of anti-social behavior to send to Borris Johnson (who live on my street #-o ) This is a complete p1$$ take as i only drive it once a week tops and this is central london! Police sirens, building work, riots! WTF... Any way as i told her its legal it passes MOT so F**K off.. Am i cool? I dont rev it up late at night! Any one else had these problems? Can i be fined or made to remove exhaust?

JayUK91

Re: Neighbours and loud exhausts!!!

Post by JayUK91 »

Sorry, all i got from that is that you live on the same street as Boris Johnson! :lol:

Just ignore the silly bint, i'm sure nothing will come of it.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Tell her to STFU and get a life!
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

i believe that noise pollution will only count if its after 11 at night or in the early hours. I used to get in trouble with my old car all the time. There isnt a lot they can do though. Although i had a japspeed and it would fail the decibel limit at castle combe lol
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

Yeah it is pretty loud :lol: but then again some people across the road have been having building work done for about 2 years and there builders start at 8,oclock every morning including Saturday when i have a hangover #-o with every power tool known to civilised man and no one seems to complain about that
KerryN

Post by KerryN »

I think she fancies you and is attention seeking :whistle:
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

I believe if two people complain then they can issue a section 59 RTA then another complaint and they take your car, lad I used to work with had his car siezed.
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

:shock:
craig

Post by craig »

What about some of those stock V8 TVR's, Mustangs etc. They're mega loud from the factory. They gonna give you a S59 for a stock motor if someone complains?
Peter C

Post by Peter C »

A.BLAKE wrote:Am i cool?

No you're not. Loud exhausts pi$$ people off, that's a fact.
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

That is absurd! This women is a Nazi, she is the one who needs to be seized and taken away! That,s not good... They cant seize my 2 i will chain myself to it in protest if they even try! :evil:
MR2O12

Post by MR2O12 »

RedMR² wrote:What about some of those stock V8 TVR's, Mustangs etc. They're mega loud from the factory. They gonna give you a S59 for a stock motor if someone complains?

If you keep redlining it at 3am etc probley. Think a section 59 iis anti social use of the car..
riot68

Post by riot68 »

Surely they would need some evidence not just her word anyway...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

I very rarely start it up at night, normally mid day on a sat or sunday and i let it warm but i dont rev it! If thats considered to be anti social use of a car i we are all doooooomed!
craig

Post by craig »

MR2O12 wrote:
RedMR² wrote:What about some of those stock V8 TVR's, Mustangs etc. They're mega loud from the factory. They gonna give you a S59 for a stock motor if someone complains?

If you keep redlining it at 3am etc probley. Think a section 59 iis anti social use of the car..

Exactly my point.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

madbasshunter wrote:I believe if two people complain then they can issue a section 59.

If the Police decide (not MOP), then quite possibly:

Section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002 states:-

(a) contravenes section 3 or 34 of the Road Traffic Act 1991 (careless and inconsiderate driving and prohibition of off-road driving), and ...

And

Section 3 of RTA 1991 states:-

3 Careless, and inconsiderate, driving

If a person drives a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road or other public place without due care and attention, or without reasonable consideration for other persons using the road or place, he is guilty of an offence.”

See a relevent thread here:

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-rel ... c-act.html

BTW, if issued a Section 59, your car and the driver are "marked" for 12 months. A further contravention by either car or driver within the 12 months may result in a seizure. You then go pay the removal/storage fees and take it back. It is not sold or disposed of.
Harold

Post by Harold »

How exactly are you using the car? Do you let it idle for a long time at silly o'clock? Do you use lots of revs on your street? If you're being antisocial with it then it's not really on, and a loud exhaust can really cause a racket.

If i leave mine idling outside the house (approx 20 feet away) then it will rattle the glasses in the cupboard and that's just a berk with no decat.
uglee

Post by uglee »

You let it warm?

Why, just start it up and drive off.

I've heard the Japspeeds and to be honest the noise levels are ridiculous. So if you sit there with the engine idling from cold for 10mins or so I can see why she's annoyed at the noise.
Harold

Post by Harold »

uglee wrote:You let it warm?

Why, just start it up and drive off.

I've heard the Japspeeds and to be honest the noise levels are ridiculous. So if you sit there with the engine idling from cold for 10mins or so I can see why she's annoyed at the noise.

This - if your exhaust is silly loud then just start it up and drive off gently. Idling from cold is more damaging to the engine than just driving it.
Nic

Post by Nic »

An A'pexi Exhaust Control Value would help keep the noise level down when coming and going.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”