[Mk2] [Generic] Is this possible with the audio?

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

KarlBristol

[Mk2] [Generic] Is this possible with the audio?

Post by KarlBristol »

Hi,

I've recently stripped my car audio system out and want to keep the interior minimal. Ideally I would like a bluetooth receiver wired directly to the speakers in such a way that I can connect my phone to the car via bluetooth in order to listen to the music on my phone.

If I managed the above I could then blank off the audio area and place a few gauges there in place of a traditional headunit....

Is this possible? - easy?
Anyone done it?

Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
DB1

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Is this possible with the audio?

Post by DB1 »

how would you control which songs you are listening too / volume? mobile phone whilst driving [-X

you can buy single din head-unit's that are ipod ready for less than £70 these days, much safer and simpler :thumleft:
single din allows space for 3 gauges above/below the radio area
madbasshunter

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Is this possible with the audio?

Post by madbasshunter »

KarlBristol wrote:Hi,

I've recently stripped my car audio system out and want to keep the interior minimal. Ideally I would like a bluetooth receiver wired directly to the speakers in such a way that I can connect my phone to the car via bluetooth in order to listen to the music on my phone.

If I managed the above I could then blank off the audio area and place a few gauges there in place of a traditional headunit....

Is this possible? - easy?
Anyone done it?

You could put a normal bluetooth receiver anywhere in the car and remotely place the front panel elsewhere I have seen cars at soundoffs with the front panel of the stereo on the steering wheel, otherwise a parrot kit with its own speakers may do what you want ?

Return to “ICE and Security”