AW11 4AGTE Trackcar share

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Icsunonove

AW11 4AGTE Trackcar share

Post by Icsunonove »

I desperately miss trackdays and my SC :cry:

Early days but here's a fledgling plan I am hatching (or at least thinking about hatching):

1) Buy a reasonable condition running MOTed Mk1 MR2 NA for this trackday season and do at least Cadwell and Anglesey this year.
2) Buy a spare engine, strip it down, rebuild it with 4AGZE pistons, buy a turbo and get this all ready for Winter 2012.
3) Over Winter 2012/2013 fit the 4AGTE motor and tidy up the bodywork, address rust issues, fit new suspension and brakes and get it sprayed.
4) Spring 2013. Get it ready for the trackday season and run it as a 4AGTE
5) Winter 2013. Having saved up enough cash, remove the turbo and fit a Rotrex Supercharger.

I am looking for one other person to go 50/50 on this. Obviously labour will be done by me and it must be agreed what value that labour is adding to the car. In other words, in terms of parts spend, the other partner will be paying more than 50% of the parts costs as I will be doing the labour to fit these parts IYSWIM.

The work will be carried out at Market Drayton, Shropshire. The car can be stored there short term but I need somewhere (or to rent somewhere) to keep it longer term.

There are lots of "what if's" that need to be considered but I was just wanting to see if anyone on here is interested.

If you don't want to discuss it on here, PM me

Tom
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Re: AW11 4AGTE Trackcar share

Post by LimeyMk1 »

If I was closer I'd be well up for that Tom. :(
pk_090

Post by pk_090 »

Id be game for helping out with the spanner time Tom. Such a shame im to poor to match the other 50%. I Could probably stretch to 1%-99% :)
Alex
platmatt8 wrote:Lauren has got bigger balls than most men on this site

charged wrote:Mine's probably screaming 'stop raping me' :D
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Well things are progressing with this fledgling plan :thumleft:

However it's now probably going to be a ZZ30, normally aspirated this year and hopefully turbocharged next year.

I really do need to scratch this trackday itch, it's been too long for me without a trackcar :thumbdown:

And Tom's tip for the day:

WEALTH WARNING: Trackdays are addictive and cost you a lot of money, don't start! :mrgreen:

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”