Mileage Questions.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

david240968

Mileage Questions.

Post by david240968 »

Hi all. I ad an MR2 G-Ltd a few years ago and loved every second of owning it. I'm just about to give back my company car due to change of job and I'm thinking of getting another mr2, I'm looking at rev4 or rev 5 but all seem to be high mileage now, by that I mean 98000-108000 on the ones I like. My question is, if well looked after is the high mileage an issue. I'm not sure how long the engines will go on for.

Thanks in advance for any help.
:thumleft:
p5ycho

Re: Mileage Questions.

Post by p5ycho »

if serviced and looked after religeously these engines can go on for over 200k.. I knew someone one the gt4 owners club that bought his car new and after 13 yearsit had done nearly 250k then engine was still the original fitted by toyota, he had been servicing the car ,had cam belts etc done on time..

when you go to view a car, ask for the service history and look through the service history yourself.. check what has been done over the years..
ask questions.. ask about how the owner has treated the car over the years.. ie warmed up before putting foot down etc..

there are lots of really good cars out there, when I bought my N/a mr2 it had done 93k and had documented service history from day one..
it is now 19 years old and I have 16 Mot certificates, and every nut and bolt that has ever been changed there is a receipt to back it up...
david240968

Post by david240968 »

Thans for that info. Next question, who's selling a really good rev5 t-bar?
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

My '89 rev1 is approaching 220k miles with original engine and box so more proof it's the care not the wear that counts. Pacific Works (Luke) has or had a nice sonic shadow rev4 he was wanting to move.

R.
rev3gtturbo

Post by rev3gtturbo »

My rev3 turbo went up to 280,000 km today.

Engine still very smooth and gives book figure for fuel economy :shock:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”