tesco insurance beware

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

murmr2

tesco insurance beware

Post by murmr2 »

to all

use this mob at your own risk as i did and was stung twice for more money,for my mr2.

i have ended up cancelling the policy because of their stupidity, i think they hire idiots to answer the telephone and thay dont have a clue what they are talking about.they say they send letters out and they dont arrive tell them to send recorded delivery and they say they will and guess what no letter,phone them back ask for a rec del number and they dont have one. good business i dont think.

use them at your peril

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
g14nnh

Re: tesco insurance beware

Post by g14nnh »

are they really that bad then? palm jockeys :evil:
Jonmurgie

Post by Jonmurgie »

Care to expand on your exact problems with them as I've used them on and off for years and have had excellent service (and premiums!)
DeusMR2

Post by DeusMR2 »

Theyve been very good to me too tbh. Been using them for about 5 years on various cars. Insurance on my mr2 also went down by £200 last renewal =D>
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

i used them last year and had good premium, little hick up with them but were good. only reason i left was due to the modding of my baby :)
murmr2

Post by murmr2 »

main reason told them i was insuring an import mr2 qouted me and sent through policy and then 2 weeks later they doubled it and increased my dd payments
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

murmr2 wrote:main reason told them i was insuring an import mr2 qouted me and sent through policy and then 2 weeks later they doubled it and increased my dd payments

They can't do that, once you've signed up that's that, unless you changed something or declared some new information (e.g. that it was an import rather than UK model)
You must've told them something for this to have changed.
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

I've nothing but praise for Tesco Insurance!

I insure my MR2 Turbo
My mk4 Astra
My Vw Camper
My House buildings and contents

oh, and my life too...

Always helpful and accurate on the phone IMO
murmr2

Post by murmr2 »

i am happy now very happy, insured with privelige and the quote is way cheaper than tesco ever was.

i had a bad experience with tesco but obviously others have had it ok, just depends on luck and mine was s***e at the time

can now laugh

:D :D :D :D :D
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Tesco have also been very good to me.. only company to insure me on my evo... and fairly cheap. Using them for the tubby aswell... never had ny problems and are always polite and helpfull... plus policy always arrives within 2 days, I give them a big thumbs up :thumright:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”