Best race seats for MK2 track car???

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

J-1

Best race seats for MK2 track car???

Post by J-1 »

As above, whats the preferred seats for MK2 track car?
monkeyra
Premium Member

Re: Best race seats for MK2 track car???

Post by monkeyra »

Varies massively, depending on your budget. You can pay a few hundred quid, or nigh on a grand if you want to.
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
J-1

Post by J-1 »

It's basically just names/models i'm looking for at the moment and then I'll decide later which ones.
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

Browse the demon tweeks catalogue then.

Honestly, your question is as long as it is wide, there is so much choice out there.

For easiest bolt-in made to measure, Bride seats win hands down IMO (I've a Bride seat and subframe). You'll pay for it though.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Your best bet is to sit in a few and pick the one you like. The Autosport International show would be an ideal opportunity:

http://www.autosportinternational.com/

Also consider whether you'll be using a HANS device and ensure the seat is compatible if so. I personally favour Recaro seats and like a tight fit. I use a Pro Racer HANS SP-A.

Most manufacturers do a standard and wide fitment as well.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Just don't get the steel tube framed ones, they're extremely uncomfortable. IMHO!

My favourite is the Sparco Rev range. It really is a case of sitting in some until you find one you like.
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Post by loudandproud205 »

Has any one tried the Kirkey ones I have a massive urge for them and are in keeping with the theme of the car (am sad like that)

Got boost?
Kinda!!!
0.3 bar FTL
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

tonigmr2 wrote:Just don't get the steel tube framed ones, they're extremely uncomfortable. IMHO!

Also weigh as much as stock seats!
tarmac terrorist

Post by tarmac terrorist »

I run BIMACO buckets it mine think they weigh 4 kgs each :thumleft:

J-1

Post by J-1 »

tarmac terrorist wrote:I run BIMACO buckets it mine think they weigh 4 kgs each :thumleft:

Where from and how much?

4kgs... :thumleft:
tarmac terrorist

My friend got them off of eBay about 3 years £440.00 the pair brand new & FIA aproved till 2012 :thumleft:
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

tarmac terrorist wrote:I run BIMACO buckets it mine think they weigh 4 kgs each :thumleft:

4kgs? Not even close, they're at least double that. My Recaro seat is made from a carbon kevlar composite, retails at £2,800 and is still 6.5kgs!
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

And then there is the weight of the subframe as well, which isn't listed when you're looking at seats online. My Bride subframe weighs a fair few kilos.
tarmac terrorist

Rogue wrote:

4kgs? Not even close, they're at least double that. My Recaro seat is made from a carbon kevlar composite, retails at £2,800 and is still 6.5kgs!

Your probably right I think it was probably more like 8kg each with mounting kit which are aluminium but I didn't use the mounting kit as they were straight bolt to the floor pan so once in you can't adjusted it back & forth, I stripped me standard seats & used the runners from them so they weigh a bit more :thumleft:
Carbon were what I would love but just can't afford that :(
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

tarmac terrorist wrote: I think it was probably more like 8kg each with mounting kit which are aluminium

8.2kgs excluding mountings:

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/brand/bim ... d_795.html

tarmac terrorist wrote:but I didn't use the mounting kit as they were straight bolt to the floor pan so once in you can't adjusted it back & forth, I stripped me standard seats & used the runners from them so they weigh a bit more :thumleft:

Don't you find them too high when mounted on the stock runners?

tarmac terrorist wrote:Carbon were what I would love but just can't afford that :(

Neither can I! I was fortunate enough to receive the seat as part of a sponsorship deal with Recaro. :wink:
tarmac terrorist

You beat me to it lol I just found that web site that tells you they weigh 8.2 kg with out brackets also lol :thumleft:

The base of the seat almost sits flush on the floor I just welded the standard runners to sparco side seat brackets then bolted the seats as low as possible so they are ok for height :thumleft:
ashley

Post by ashley »

I was lucky enough to pick up a pair of Motordrive seats, don't know how much they weigh- not much, but they are very comfortable...definately worth a look:

http://www.motordrive.com/acatalog/copy ... d_Ons.html

I got really lucky with the seats: my brother spanners for some friends who run an Imprezza rally car (at club level), and their seats had just passed their homologation dates...result is two nice carbon fibre seats for not much £££ :D

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”