Modified supra intake manifold

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

steve b

Modified supra intake manifold

Post by steve b »

what do people think?? seems sensible

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 86702&rd=1
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Fizzy

Re: Modified supra intake manifold

Post by Fizzy »

looks like a crock o poo to me...too many tubes!!!!
Matt@Rogue

Post by Matt@Rogue »

It looks simular to the extreme boost one, but not as shiny... But with 2 too many tubes!!..
steve b

Post by steve b »

why too many pipes? there are 4 that are just split in 2, presumably with the same theory ar the twin entry turbo??
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

ERM....LOOK AGAIN DUDE
steve b

Post by steve b »

i don't get it what am i missing... :cry:

looks like it'd line up where are the 2 extra tubes?? the feeds for 2 cylinders have been cut off.

Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

still not convinced...if siamese induction tracts were such a good idea then why are they wasted on the head?
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

Has you guys seen the standard manifold for the Rev 1/2? They have those same twin intakes (2 intakes per cylinder) This is because of the TVIS setup. You need to have twin runners for each cylinder to be able to close one off for an increase in low down torque, and open the second to increase top end flow.

The reason that manifold retains them without the TVIS is because i looks like he's just cut the standard runners off the manifold and wielded them onto a custom plenum chamber.

The reason they don't split in the head is because theres only a needed for the TVIS to work, there is no point carrying on the Split runners after the TVIS. You will also find that the start of the head port size on the Rev 1/2 is bigger than the Rev 3+ to accomidate the extra space taken up by the divider on the manifold flange.

Tim
xxxx
steve b

Post by steve b »

so it could be a good idea then.

I thought you lot who were saying 2 to many tubes were the blind ones :roll:

Lee @ 3S Service Centre

Post by Lee @ 3S Service Centre »

steve b wrote:i don't get it what am i missing... :cry:

looks like it'd line up where are the 2 extra tubes?? the feeds for 2 cylinders have been cut off.

whos cylinder head is that?

what revison car is it off?

lee
steve b

Post by steve b »

mine, well it was, before it had a shim under bucket conversion and a set of performance cams from Vmax performance (american twosrus supplier) and then sold it to a bloke called Navs

It was from a rev2 N/a but when it came to be re fitted a crack in my block was found to be the issue not the head gasket as suspected,... it was here that the decision to put a turbo lump in took over :D

TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

Its not really a benifit to the manifold design, only that you have to have this for TVIS to work correctly.

If your not using TVIS then don't split the runners, if you are using TVIS then you have no choice.

Tim
xxxx
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

We'll be selling a custom inlet manifold soon, should be ready the start of feburary. Will make two options with split runners or single runners. Initially for rev1's and 2's

That one on ebay looks very bad, the welding is all over the place. Thats the problem welding two cast alloys together especially if their dissimilar.

Is this feeding from the centre a real problem or is it myth, it would surely be worse feeding from one end only? Can't see it myself.

James
steve b

Post by steve b »

Some very high powered stock turbo cars feed from the side this way i.e. evos

stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

I've gone for the RMR one. Should be here in the next few weeks. Had them fit a rev 3 TB to their centre feed manifold for me.

Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!
JJ

Post by JJ »

Lol ! they should have fitted a chargecooler core in that manifold with the size of it... people are gonn think you've got a supercharger bolted to your engine as well ! :)
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Lol ... note to self, fit spark plugs before manifold and chargecooler :D

Well, it'll be interesting to see what gains it gives :D
Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!
Owen @ Kent Car Craft

Post by Owen @ Kent Car Craft »

JAMES! Thats what we need,a supplier in the UK for maifolds etc,especially for rev1+2's
I'll be wanting one straight away!
Are you likely to be pricing them to compete with the RMR units?
Fonzy

Post by Fonzy »

That welding is cack! my manifold is done in the same way but welded ported and polished to a pro standard, the boyz in the states do this as common practice,
Oh by the way the beast is in the car now! :twisted: :twisted:
Ed

Post by Ed »

stevecordiner wrote:Lol ... note to self, fit spark plugs before manifold and chargecooler :D

Well, it'll be interesting to see what gains it gives :D

Steve

How are you going to get the chargecooler to mate up with a centre feed manifold. :?

Ed
Last edited by Ed on Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Modifications”