Crazy foooool in a subaru

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Steve-O 2007

Crazy foooool in a subaru

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Ok, its pitch black and raining and the roads are full of standing water, Im driving on a country road in the m3 doing a healthy speed in 6th and then this subaru pops up at the side of me overtaking halfway up a hill!!!!

Part of me wanted to flick it down into 3rd and blast off but anyone thats stupid enough to be doing 90+ in the dark, in the wet on a bumpy country road and going up a hill is not realy someone that I want sitting on my bumper on the twisty roads in the wet so I just backed off a little to let him past.

He seemed to slow down after he got past me as he slammed his brakes on to kill his speed. Must have got quite a fright as if something appeared on that hill it would have been brown trousers time..

Anyway followed it into a village as he got slowed down by a car infront and the idiot went and overtook it in a 30mph zone in the village past a school and shot off through the village!! Must have had some sort of death wish or something...

I was suprised how long it was taking him to get past me to be honest if I did knock it down from 6th to 3rd and floored it I would have left him but it wasnt worth it given the weather and conditions of the roads and how he was driving..
Last edited by Steve-O 2007 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
craig

Re: Crazy foooool in a subaru

Post by craig »

You did right just leaving him to it, and getting past you. Defo not somebody you want sat on your bumper!

Oh, by the way, country roads are NSL, 60mph, not 70mph [-X :lol:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

RedMR² wrote:You did right just leaving him to it, and getting past you. Defo not somebody you want sat on your bumper!

where does it say I was doing 70?? :wink: :wink: :thumleft: :whistle: lol
craig

Post by craig »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:
RedMR² wrote:You did right just leaving him to it, and getting past you. Defo not somebody you want sat on your bumper!

where does it say I was doing 70?? :wink: :wink: :thumleft: :whistle: lol

Last edited by Steve-O 2007 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
:lol:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

lol ;) but yea, if I didnt let it past he was definatly the type that would have just kept trying and I wasnt going to risk killing myself or smashing the M3 up or worse a car does end up coming the other way and he has a head on smash with it which also ends up hitting my car.
craig

Post by craig »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:lol ;) but yea, if I didnt let it past he was definatly the type that would have just kept trying and I wasnt going to risk killing myself or smashing the M3 up or worse a car does end up coming the other way and he has a head on smash with it which also ends up hitting my car.

Yeah, really aint worth it!

I still keep drooling over M3's on Pistonheads =P~
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

RedMR² wrote:
Steve-O 2007 wrote:lol ;) but yea, if I didnt let it past he was definatly the type that would have just kept trying and I wasnt going to risk killing myself or smashing the M3 up or worse a car does end up coming the other way and he has a head on smash with it which also ends up hitting my car.

Yeah, really aint worth it!

I still keep drooling over M3's on Pistonheads =P~

theres on on the m3 forum for 6K!!! but you have to wonder why its only 6k sort of puts you off but it might be 100% fine its actually got full service history and recent new clutch so it has had money spent on it...
CecilWard

Post by CecilWard »

No, you definitely did the right thing, let him get on past and well out of our way, off to have his wreck elsewhere.

And I was not the guy in the Subaru, btw. I used to have two of them at the same time, now down to just the one (new-type Forester diesel).
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

As said you did the best thing leaving him to his own devices..

was not me in my scoob...

his one sounded quite slow too
shibby!

Post by shibby! »

Saw this on the cutters website too! :)

Return to “Driving Experiences”