mot pass! advisory though

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nickg07

mot pass! advisory though

Post by nickg07 »

mot passed first time for my mr2 turbo. but i got an advisory on front brake bias because i have a new caliper on one side and old on the other. also one rear caliper is slow to respond a little - will new brake hoses help there?
4ndee

Re: mot pass! advisory though

Post by 4ndee »

Should matter that one calliper is new unless the other one is sticking. More likey to need a good strip and clean
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

yea its probably gummed up. i tried to get the other one rebuilt but it wouldnt have it so now important wondering if i should bother to try and fix or just replace with a proper refurbed unit.

the guy was really good about it though he said that technically the bias was too high percent and could have been a fail but he saw all the new bits i had such as top mounts, track rods caliper on one side and brake hose etc so he said he would give me the benefit of the doubt .

oh yea the handbrake is near the top and my sidelights only switch on intermittently. so ill have to get that sorted too.
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

Resurrect, new MOT just passed, no advisory at all.

emissions were

fast idle:
CO 0.16
HC 14
Lambda 1.016

Natural idle:
CO 0.02

Seems okay considering the clock just hit: 99897....

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”