Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Post by Peter Gidden »

slipping clutch wrote:Your expecting three dry days this year ? Don't hold your breath on that one :mrgreen:

His new T Bar seals are for the other 362 days.
craig

Post by craig »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
slipping clutch wrote:Your expecting three dry days this year ? Don't hold your breath on that one :mrgreen:

His new T Bar seals are for the other 362 days.

^This. Nice to know when the T bar panels clipped in, the interior stays nice and dry for those 362 days. :mrgreen:
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Any updates on this? :thumleft:
No 2 :(
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

It will be ready by the end of March mate, bonnet painted and niggles sorted. :thumleft: Ready for JAPFEST!
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Popping up to Sheffield to take a look at her tomorrow see how things are progressing.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Not a lot to report yet really, BUT...

Phoenix Power engine lid trial fit, looks a good fit just needs paint, will be black. I`m having a new fan setup for this lid, therefore my turbo lid with custom twin fan and shroud will be up for sale shortly, a very good bit of kit with very little use!
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Windscreen is removed, new seal is ready to go. I have seen the job done for Redmr2 and the correct stock replacement seal looks fantastic, no more windscreen leaks soon!!
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Carbon rear center panel will be resprayed red. Seems a shame in a way to paint a genuine carbon item, but I think it will match up better and look smarter.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Some repositioning of the headlight cover still to do and rusty brackets and front trunk bonnet release catch also needs doing. The frunk bonnet is with the painter!
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Spanking new T Bar seals have been delivered and sitting in a bag on the passenger seat itching to be fitted! Cant wait to have her back and enjoy the summer again! :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

The car is certainly in good hands mate. You're gonna love it. :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Update this week from Peter, the windows are all out and the car is with the painter, proper job of it being done the same as Craigs car, painted underneath and no lines, then fitting of new seals.

I taxed the car yesterday and it still has some M.O.T on it and it is insured so I`m ready for Japfest. The car has been picked as one of the 20 Power and Style Awards Japfest finalists (I only entered as a laugh as there were no other MR2s on there!) but unfortunately I cannot see myself having time to sort the little detail bits, I have some interior tidy ups to do etc but it will have to wait! I`ll be haooy just to get there to be honest!
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

Im not a fan of the veilside kit (especially the front nose - looks like k.I.t.t in super pursuit mode) but I appreciate the detail you are putting in.
Well done on the award.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Haha yeah it is either love it or hate it mate, i've always been a bit of a fast and furious style fan though!
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

BTW, I must say many thanks to Peter at SBits for the effort going in on the car to get it ready for the weekend, quality workmanship, fault finding/problem solving and communication is excellent.

I know most on the forum are aware anyway but he could not be more helpful, highly recommended! :thumleft:
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

Getting there Dan - and looks like Peters taking care of things for you :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Certainly is. Going to be tight for Japfest I`m working away Thursday night, work allday Friday, drive to Sheffield straight after, pick her up and then leave at 4am to get to Japfest! Not sure where the cleaning and polishing time is going to fit in!

Anyway, a few updates.. Car is being painted and the last pics I had look like this (yes the entire front bumper is being painted AGAIN!!!) >>>

Oh and those are for Japfest for the rear qtr windows :D

All the bits that were missed in my previous full respray getting done! :thumleft:
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

Hope you get it in time Dan, you've put everything into this car thats for sure.
Is your dash flocked? looks like it may be in the picture.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Yeah hope so mate! Friday I should be getting it back. No I think it is just something laying over the dash to keep the crud off it, though I have thought of going for a flocked dash I think they look good.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Seen this in person last month, not a fan of veilside but i must say you are doing this the right way and im sure its going to look great when finished. Was good to see a few different projects :mrgreen:

Return to “Member Profiles”