[Mk2] [NA] Wheel nuts

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SonicSW20

[Mk2] [NA] Wheel nuts

Post by SonicSW20 »

Recently got some Super Advan splits, and at the moment I am just using the stock Toyota nuts, which work fine but look retarded. So, I need some shorter nuts, but I have no idea which ones I need.

I guess I can just use my existing lockers, and tbh I just want a set of normal, shorter wheel nuts - not fussed about them being made of a fancy alloy to keep weight down, I just want them to look less retarded and hold my wheels on!

Pointers and links will be greatly appreciated :)
calum4492

wheel nuts

Post by calum4492 »

i know toyota sell long ones and shorter ones for the mk2's if that helps
raptor95GTS

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Wheel nuts

Post by raptor95GTS »

most aftermarket wheels use 60deg face wheel nuts, stock are flat. They will unwind if they are the wrong ones so get the right ones in there 8)
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

My current ones are like this:

but about twice as long - these absolutely no good?
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

see my comment above, take a wheel off and check what the mating surface for the nuts is like. if it doesn't match the surface of the nuts then it's the wrong nuts.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Before I fitted them, I put the nuts in the holes to make sure they fit, they seem to be OK. Went to but some shorter ones today anyway, and my current ones are definitely the right taper - just too damn long! Te fronts look OK, so I just bought 8 new nuts for the rear so it looks less retarded. cheers guys!
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

most aftermarket wheels use the taper style below but hey it's your wheels so you can look and see exactly what fits

BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

+ 1 on the above
you need to buy the correct nuts for the wheels ,the standard nuts might fit the holes, but the contact area of the nut will be on the flat of the wheel and not fully in the recess of the hole ,

http://www.neweraparts.com/Default.aspx ... uctID=1122
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

they were fine according to the guy at graham goode in leicester, he said that the holes were unusual in the sense they seemed to be for stock toyota nuts? perhaps when im home i'll crack off a nut to take a picture...
xanthus400

Post by xanthus400 »

I take it you are in leicester fella???? if you are you could pop round mine n try 1 of my nuts :oops: :lol: ive good buddy clubs (i think) on mine and these are tapered and i have a few spare stock nuts small and large somewhere. im near graham goodes

Return to “Modifications”