MW3 vs BF3 online play

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

thai boxer

Re: MW3 vs BF3 online play

Post by thai boxer »

RedMR² wrote:
tarmac terrorist wrote:Im a BATTLEFIELD man all the way :thumleft: COD is a kids game with unrealistic guns (sawn off shot gun more accurate & travel further than a sniper rifle WTF) also BF is a team game where people do actually work as a team, graphics are not great in COD either
my PS3 user name : NEMR2TOY add me :thumleft:

LOL, don't think a shotgun can travel further than a sniper rifle :lol:

If it's a kids game, why's it 18 rated? :wink:

There's going to be fanboi's of each. I have never played BF3 so not slating it, but won't be buying it either as I love the CoD series :thumleft:

You're seriously missing out then mate. I was a huge MW fan until I played BC2. Seriously a much better game. BF3 is very different, and if you're a COD player (like I was) you will get raped online, but stick with it, learn how to play it and its outstanding! Nothing to do with K/D ratios
and running and gunning like a psycho on speed is out of the question!

I was MVP for 3/4s of a match the other night without killing a single person! :wink: ...just by spotting, reviving shot team mates and dumping med kits.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
tarmac terrorist

Post by tarmac terrorist »

thai boxer wrote:
RedMR² wrote:
tarmac terrorist wrote:Im a BATTLEFIELD man all the way :thumleft: COD is a kids game with unrealistic guns (sawn off shot gun more accurate & travel further than a sniper rifle WTF) also BF is a team game where people do actually work as a team, graphics are not great in COD either
my PS3 user name : NEMR2TOY add me :thumleft:

LOL, don't think a shotgun can travel further than a sniper rifle :lol:

If it's a kids game, why's it 18 rated? :wink:

There's going to be fanboi's of each. I have never played BF3 so not slating it, but won't be buying it either as I love the CoD series :thumleft:

You're seriously missing out then mate. I was a huge MW fan until I played BC2. Seriously a much better game. BF3 is very different, and if you're a COD player (like I was) you will get raped online, but stick with it, learn how to play it and its outstanding! Nothing to do with K/D ratios
and running and gunning like a psycho on speed is out of the question!

I was MVP for 3/4s of a match the other night without killing a single person! :wink: ...just by spotting, reviving shot team mates and dumping med kits.

At last someone else who has seen the light :thumleft:
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

thai boxer wrote:I was MVP for 3/4s of a match the other night without killing a single person! :wink: ...just by spotting, reviving shot team mates and dumping med kits.

Thrilling...
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

For some reason I liked BF BC 2 better than BF3. My brother still has BF3 so when he gets bored and I get bored of MW3 ill swap with him when hes next back from base
craig

Post by craig »

DannyN wrote:
thai boxer wrote:I was MVP for 3/4s of a match the other night without killing a single person! :wink: ...just by spotting, reviving shot team mates and dumping med kits.

Thrilling...

I have to agree :lol:

It doesn't seem like my kind of thing. I love running and gunning.

:thumleft:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

RedMR² wrote:
DannyN wrote:

Thrilling...

I have to agree :lol:

It doesn't seem like my kind of thing. I love running and gunning.

:thumleft:

It was to prove a point not saying thats how you play the game. COD players get owned on BF because you have to work as a team and not just running around on speed spraying and praying with a thousand perks.
Last edited by thai boxer on Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Check this out and then try and tell me it doesnt make you want to play it!

http://kotaku.com/5860942/battlefield-3 ... d--trailer
craig

Post by craig »

thai boxer wrote:Check this out and then try and tell me it doesnt make you want to play it!

http://kotaku.com/5860942/battlefield-3 ... d--trailer

Yeah looks good. Graphics seem way better than MW3..
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

funny how they don't show you the player dying and then spending 5 mins running all the way back to the battle and then killed instantly then repeat the 5 min run again
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Razor04 wrote:funny how they don't show you the player dying and then spending 5 mins running all the way back to the battle and then killed instantly then repeat the 5 min run again

Thats because if you're any good and know how to play it that never happens! (spawn on another player/ recon spawn point!) :wink:
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

I might rent it from blockbuster for 2 nights :thumleft:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Razor04 wrote:funny how they don't show you the player dying and then spending 5 mins running all the way back to the battle and then killed instantly then repeat the 5 min run again

yeah never understood why people do this, if u join a squad u can spawn on squad members and you can spawn at any flag your team has, even if u have no flags/squad members there are plenty of vehicles to get u there in a few seconds.
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

After a full weekend of MW3 online i can say its rubbish and cant wait for the Karkand expansion pack.

MW3 graphics are poor.
Its way more buggy then BF3, i get shot sometimes before i even see the person.
Maps are too small.
I have a kill death ratio of 1.4 but all it seems to be is i kill you, you kill me.
Running through gunfire to knife someone is stupid.

Single player is pretty poor also, enemies just keep respawning in the same place unless you push forward, i find mindself just running through levels without actually doing anything.
craig

Post by craig »

I think the majority outweigh the minority here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15796585

MW3 breaks the global sales record for a videogame.

Stick that in ya pipe and smoke it BF3 fanbois!! :lol: :lol:
j0ns

Post by j0ns »

Never played BF but have always enjoyed COD, for me MW2 is still the best one for maps and gameplay though... Always get bored after 20mins of Black Ops or MW3...
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

RedMR² wrote:I think the majority outweigh the minority here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15796585

MW3 breaks the global sales record for a videogame.

Stick that in ya pipe and smoke it BF3 fanbois!! :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Thats because EVERY average joe out there has rushed out and bought it because its COD, not because its actually a great game. Huge difference.

A few of the guys at work who dont really play games said "yeah I'll get it cos its COD." I said to them what about Battlefield3 and 2 of them had never heard of it...and thats my point, a HUGE majority of people buying MW3 arnt gamers at all, know nothing about games but see a new COD is out so have to buy it. Thats why COD sells so well, and yet all the well respected, decent game review sites ( NOT the newspapers who know absolutely NOTHING about games) are giving it 8/10, 8.5/10.

I was in GAME the other day and there was about 8 10 year olds in there just squawking about MW3 about who had the highest K/D ratio and who had stabbed the most players.......one of them saw Battlefield3 and said, and I quote "nar its crap, I kept dying....MW3 is much better innit."

:clown:
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

Black Ops smashed records also and look how that turned out.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

un1eash wrote:Black Ops smashed records also and look how that turned out.

Exactly my point mate. Games that sell millions in a few weeks are not necessarily great games at all.
craig

Post by craig »

Lol there really is no resolve to this. You like bf3 I like cod. That's just the way it is. I really enjoy online gaming on cod And can't really see that changing. I'll defo be buying the next one from infinity ward. :thumleft:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

It's like the old Spectrum vs C64 :D

As single player games they're virtually identical, but they can't really be compared for their online multiplayer as they're as dissimilar as two dissimilar things in a pod.

I like both (although I've not played MW3 yet as I'm 5000 miles away from my ps3 8) ).

Return to “Games Consoles”