[Mk2] [Turbo] Exhausts

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

silver surfer

[Mk2] [Turbo] Exhausts

Post by silver surfer »

I've used the search function but not really found what I was after. So thought I'd ask the experts :D

I have a rev 2 Turbo (not sure if that makes a difference) and this is what I'm after.. a S/S twin exit exhaust that is not massively loud. Also, with tail pipes that are pretty much of stock width (perhaps a little bit larger but definitely not big bore tail pipes that stand out). In a perfect world it would also have a singe can from which the two pipes emerge if that makes sense (see the image below) rather than two separate pipes and two separate cans. In fact the exhaust below looks pretty much exactly what I am after but I'm guessing a TRD exhaust would be mighty expensive and not the easiest thing to get hold of!

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=mr2+tu ... 60&bih=591

In the absence of getting hold of the above I have seen the mongoose is fairly close to what I'm after (even though it has separate pipes). Are there any other options matching what I am after?

Question 2.. I am also after a decat. Would any decat for a Rev2 fit any exhaust or would I have to match up accordingly (e.g. blitz decat with blitz exhaust)?

One final question.. will only a rev 2 turbo exhaust fit on a rev 2 or would rev 1, rev 3 etc all fit?

Thanks in advance guys! :thumleft:
cvega666

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Exhausts

Post by cvega666 »

The only minor difference is the oil filter location (in terms of any interference with exhausts / decats). So have to pay attention when looking for a decat (it just makes fitting / refitting the oil filter in the rev2 much harder due to its location). You CAN use both rev2 and rev3+ decats, but rev2 is easier.
It's possible to fit any turbo exhaust onto any revision car. Decats are universal - you don't have to match decat to an exhaust.
If you're after this style exhaust, you can also try to look for a Greddy SP exhaust (http://www.norcalmr2.com/mr2-greddysp-turbo/index.html), but they're very rare..
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R
silver surfer

Post by silver surfer »

That's an excellent and comprehensive response. Thanks do much!

Will keep an eye out for that exhaust as well as a legalis something R or rather another rare exhaust that is not massively loud and the pipes aren't overly massive.
steve

Post by steve »

The Fujitsubo Legalis-R has a thinner back box than the one on the OP.

a very quiet exhaust, in car you only just hear the exhaust, its mainly turbo sound effects 8)

Return to “Modifications”