Battlefield3 thread....

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

thai boxer

Battlefield3 thread....

Post by thai boxer »

Cant believe more people arnt talking about this game on here! It's a 'proper' war game unlike COD.

The Beta starts on the 29th! Get involved people!! :twisted:

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Slarty

Re: Battlefield3 thread....

Post by Slarty »

Beta testing for the PC version (the proper one ;) ) started months ago didn't it? It's due for release in about a months time. I have a new graphics card (DX11) and Windows7 to install sometime soon!

Have played BF2 since about a month after its original release, some 6 years ago :shock: I just hope and pray that they haven't gone down the COD etc route with this :pray:

Edit: Sorry, closed beta has been in test for months, didn't realise open beta goes live tomorrow #-o
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

I am lost, how do you register? Or is it just a MP demo they plan to release on the 29th?

Already pre ordered.
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Looking forward to this one, I like the massive maps you get with these games.

I'll see what the reviews say first before buying.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

beta is for EVERYONE on 29th (my bday so have 5 days off lol) pc had alpha testers a few months back but thats stopped now
looks amazing. hope its as good as battle field 2 NOT bad company 2 although that was good
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Looking forward to the single player :thumleft:

Multiplayer will be so-so :eye:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

JohnnyC wrote:Looking forward to the single player :thumleft:

Multiplayer will be so-so :eye:

you crazy fother mucker! i hope u got that backwards lol
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Bad Company 2 was the bestest single player FPS I've player, evar.

Multiplayer was a bit annoying, one minute running along the massive map, next minute you're dead! Repeat.
pk_090

Post by pk_090 »

^ Have to agree. I got terribly annoyed with online and ended going straight back to mw2. Vehicles are too powerful and people can just spawn kill permanently with choppers and tanks.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

pk_090 wrote:^ Have to agree. I got terribly annoyed with online and ended going straight back to mw2. Vehicles are too powerful and people can just spawn kill permanently with choppers and tanks.

bc2 was far better than mw2, just took abit more skill :lol:
pk_090

Post by pk_090 »

yeah the campaign was awesome i think the best campaign ive ever played it was quite short but i loved every min of it. My personal gripe online was on certain maps where helicopters were they could just hover above the spawn point and kill everybody before you had chance to legg it/ run away therefore racking up the kills and allowing the enemy to place the bombs and giving no chance to disarm the charge.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

pk_090 wrote:yeah the campaign was awesome i think the best campaign ive ever played it was quite short but i loved every min of it. My personal gripe online was on certain maps where helicopters were they could just hover above the spawn point and kill everybody before you had chance to legg it/ run away therefore racking up the kills and allowing the enemy to place the bombs and giving no chance to disarm the charge.

only one map had choppers
archangel

Post by archangel »

H3RB wrote:
pk_090 wrote:^ Have to agree. I got terribly annoyed with online and ended going straight back to mw2. Vehicles are too powerful and people can just spawn kill permanently with choppers and tanks.

bc2 was far better than mw2, just took abit more skill :lol:

-skill +camp.

Still get plenty of camp with cod games but I stick to games modes like HQ where the camping team loses. I quite liked rush on bc2 at first but some maps are so annoying as the defenders just have millions of snipers in some bush somewhere and the objectives only spawn at predetermined points so not enough dynamic play and forcing campers to move. Gotta say bf3 does look loooovely but I'm expecting the MP experience as bc2 which is a shame.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

i found it the opposite, cod has loads of campers and bc2 hardley had any:S a few snipers isnt really camping it was only one shot kill on head shots which were hard to master on bad company.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Thats when you've got to work together and take them a part! :twisted:

BC2 is definitely the best online war game atm, I was a huge MW2 fan but its like playing a damn arcade game, totally unrealistic and perks like commando pro just make it frustrating to play. Since I picked up BC2 I absolutely loved muliplayer, totally different to COD and you have to play it totally different, but far better overall.

Yeah the PC had the Alpha a few months ago to get the servers tested etc now everyone gets the Beta.

Battlefield 3 is gona rock! :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
fimmo

Post by fimmo »

Just had a play on multiplayer, seems good so far, guns have A bit of meat to them compared to cod but its cod that i'm used to so i'll blast on with it tonight and see how j take to it
pk_090

Post by pk_090 »

have you all had the email though saying you can get the beta 48 hrs early?
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

pk_090 wrote:have you all had the email though saying you can get the beta 48 hrs early?

Downloading now :thumleft:
Phill P

Post by Phill P »

Have played BF2 on pc and looking forward to BF3 on ps3 with 42 inch screen. Looks good
Rota torque drifts Japseed exhaust Apexi air filter Gizzmo ibc Apex springs Hks turbo timer 242bhp at .8 bar
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

I am stilling playing BF2 to this day... so I am looking forward to BF3. Far more addictive, tactical/strategic as well than COD.

Return to “Games Consoles”