3d tv or 3d monitor?

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

H3RB

3d tv or 3d monitor?

Post by H3RB »

im looking at building a new gaming pc and i wouldnt mind a 3d monitor, at the same time i want a 3d tv.
im the only person in the house that bothers about 3d so im now undecided as to if i should get a stand alone 3d monitor and a seperate big screen 3d tv or if i should get a smaller (about 32 inch) 3d tv and move my ps3/xbox to the pc desk?
or would a 3d monitor work with consoles?
Marf

Re: 3d tv or 3d monitor?

Post by Marf »

H3RB wrote:

Depends on the monitors inputs.

FWIW Monitors are generally better than TVs for image quality.

My 1680x1050 TN panelled Dell 22" widescreen gives far far better picture quality than my Toshiba 32" HDTV when gaming.

For a larf I hooked the Tosh up to my PC and played Deus Ex:HR for a bit in 1080p. The £90 dell monitor outshined it in response time, colour definition, brightness etc etc.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Marf wrote:
H3RB wrote:

Depends on the monitors inputs.

FWIW Monitors are generally better than TVs for image quality.

My 1680x1050 TN panelled Dell 22" widescreen gives far far better picture quality than my Toshiba 32" HDTV when gaming.

For a larf I hooked the Tosh up to my PC and played Deus Ex:HR for a bit in 1080p. The £90 dell monitor outshined it in response time, colour definition, brightness etc etc.

the screens im looking at all have hdmi but they all come with nvidia 3d active shutter glasses so im not sure if they will work with ps3/xbox as im sure the nvidia glasses use an ir reciever
Marf

Post by Marf »

You're probably best off asking the manufacturer. Should be able to e-mail them from their website.

Return to “Games Consoles”