RHD Quick Steer Power Steering Pininon - SW20 - MkII

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Marty J

RHD Quick Steer Power Steering Pininon - SW20 - MkII

Post by Marty J »

Some of you will probably know about the advantages of a faster turning steering system when you are using a car on track.

I am having parts produced to upgrade the Toyota MR2 SW20 power steering pinion. The turning radius lock to lock should be reduced from 3.2 turns to 2.6 turns.

Please note that these upgraded parts will not work with a non-powered steering system.

I have started a group buy to bring this product to the market.

To find out more information on this please go to the group buy section.
Marty J

Re: RHD Quick Steer Power Steering Pininon - SW20 - MkII

Post by Marty J »

Yesterday I asked Mr2boost who is in the US if he had any video footage of his converted lhd MR2 with a quick steer pinion. Here's what he had to say.

"I am sorry, but I do not.

BUT, my son-in-law has a stock 1991 MR2 turbo that is exactly like my 1991 MR2 turbo (well his is SMG & mine is CR & his has a slightly different stereo & his has fog lights - other than that all the same options).

We auto-cross regularly & the benefits of the pinion in AX is dramatic. I know I prefer to drive mine over his because it is easier to slalom with mine (& he agrees). It takes the lock to lock turn from around 3.5 turns to around 2.6 turns & the steering "feel" is better too.

Also, I hope to get a GoPro camera soon & I will then post up some video showing me in the AX & then him & show how the steering wheel is moved back & forth. So, thanks for the idea.

But, sorry I don't know of any videos off hand & mine will have to wait till around Christmas probably for me to get the GoPro.

Daniel".

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”