[Mk2] [NA] active wiring system whining noise someone help me please :/ (91 uk rev 1)

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mrcrazyjamie

[Mk2] [NA] active wiring system whining noise someone help me please :/ (91 uk rev 1)

Post by mrcrazyjamie »

ok well first off i will tell what's happen when i got the car
i first bought this car stereo wasn't working then found the wiring at back was in a mess as usual common with these cars well didn't have the standard
plug for it so got a universal plug and removed the kenwood wiring plug all worked fine just sub wasn't always kicking in and had prob with volume
anything after volume 9 on my Sony stereo stereo will cut out grrrr.

now ive removed this from a rev2 plug all speaker wires are the same colour as mine and speakers sound all come out right even sub working well but now i have only one issue just one now im getting a whine through the speakers not so bad while engine is off and you put volume to 0 but when engine is turned on whine is clearly heard and gets worse when driving my main wires for power at the back from loom is

blue / red stripe live
blue / pink amp
brown (i think as im colour blind) earth
white / green stripe (again think its green) battary

any help would be GREAT as its making me go mad could the loom be off a newer rev model or be from a import as my interior dosent look the mileage its done really
mrcrazyjamie

Re: [Mk2] [NA] active wiring system whining noise someone help me please :/ (91 uk rev 1)

Post by mrcrazyjamie »

ssssssooo no one then had the same prob as me???
jamesydj

Re: [Mk2] [NA] active wiring system whining noise someone help me please :/ (91 uk rev 1)

Post by jamesydj »

mrcrazyjamie wrote:ssssssooo no one then had the same prob as me???
I have the same problem just installed a JVC CD Player sounds great with engine off but as soon as i start her up there is a wining noise i think it may need a suppressor but not sure if you manage a fix let me know cheers
mrcrazyjamie

Post by mrcrazyjamie »

jamesydj wrote:
I have the same problem just installed a JVC CD Player sounds great with engine off but as soon as i start her up there is a wining noise i think it may need a suppressor but not sure if you manage a fix let me know cheers

i started from scratch again disconnected all the wires and trial and error got them to the right wire now i have no whining noise but bad thing is my dash wont light up another wire is in the wrong place grrrh and looks like ive got to redo everything again :/
jamesydj

Post by jamesydj »

mrcrazyjamie wrote:
jamesydj wrote:

i started from scratch again disconnected all the wires and trial and error got them to the right wire now i have no whining noise but bad thing is my dash wont light up another wire is in the wrong place grrrh and looks like ive got to redo everything again :/

Same prob here i blow the 15amp fuse under the drivers foot well and loose dash lights and Tail lights as soon as i turn CD on aaaaaahhhhh if you have managed to sort the annoying problem any chance of a pic of your wiring behind the player i would be really appreciated
mrcrazyjamie

Post by mrcrazyjamie »

jamesydj wrote:
mrcrazyjamie wrote:
jamesydj wrote: I have the same problem just installed a JVC CD Player sounds great with engine off but as soon as i start her up there is a wining noise i think it may need a suppressor but not sure if you manage a fix let me know cheers

Same prob here i blow the 15amp fuse under the drivers foot well and loose dash lights and Tail lights as soon as i turn CD on aaaaaahhhhh if you have managed to sort the annoying problem any chance of a pic of your wiring behind the player i would be really appreciated

right with mine matey i got to redo all the wires still as got a rev 2 plug to a rev 1 loom colours silghty differ hens why im trying and erroring speakers ive found but i think mines down with the earth and yes i did have that prob think its down to power and earth wrong way round is yours butchered as well and what rev you got ?
jamesydj

Post by jamesydj »

mrcrazyjamie wrote:
jamesydj wrote:
mrcrazyjamie wrote:

right with mine matey i got to redo all the wires still as got a rev 2 plug to a rev 1 loom colours silghty differ hens why im trying and erroring speakers ive found but i think mines down with the earth and yes i did have that prob think its down to power and earth wrong way round is yours butchered as well and what rev you got ?

Mine also a rev1 the wires were butchered when i got the car but managed to pick up the 14 pin connector of a breaker car and a harness from ebay
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

after a complete brain melt...I fkd off all that Toyota wiring, and fit my own amp, extended and ammended the speaker loom from the doors in a morning.
mrcrazyjamie

Post by mrcrazyjamie »

djpkins wrote:after a complete brain melt...I fkd off all that Toyota wiring, and fit my own amp, extended and ammended the speaker loom from the doors in a morning.

yea im planning on doing this when i have enough for the amp as got all new wiring in
DB1

Post by DB1 »

yeah it seems to be a common problem. if you guys do a search for this people have tried hundreds of things to get rid of this whine. seems to be leave the stereo stock or avoid using the stock amps located in the rear quarter behind passenger seat.

Return to “ICE and Security”