New Blyton circuit.....

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nickp

New Blyton circuit.....

Post by Nickp »

Spent all day yesterday blatting round Blyton in our V6 MR2 and can honestly say this place has been transformed!! It could best be described as a Rallycross circuit before, but now has 1.7 miles of smooth new tarmac laid out with a variety of high / low speed corners. Some constant radius and others with direction changes. Overall a nice challenging circuit with loads off run off on 90% of it.
Here's the new cct layout - http://www.blytonpark.co.uk/blyton-park ... rcuit-map/
Been an anti-clockwise cct it put a lot of stress on the o/s tyres especially the front in our case. I did my quickest session just after lunch and the car felt great. My mate went straight back out but came in after a couple of laps complaining of vibration. We took the front wheels off and the osf tyre (Yoko A032) had failed completely. It was all mis-shappen with a massive bulge on the tread surface, not good!! :shock: So we stuck the road tyres on for a couple of sessions but it wasn't the same and wanted to swap ends on the high speed corners!! :shock: So we called it a day at 3pm. All in all a great day and even the rain held off :D

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”