MR2 SW20 RHD Power Steering Quick Steer Pinion.

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rosssco

Re: MR2 SW20 RHD Power Steering Quick Steer Pinion.

Post by Rosssco »

If anyone drops out, I may be willing to take you place in this GB. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Ross
Marty J

Post by Marty J »

Wingers wrote:Is there a price reduction due to all the delays?
It seems fair for the machinist to offer something back since they've been messing you/us around for god knows how many months now.

Wingers

I certainly cannot offer a price reduction and the deal has already been done for the order. :neutral:
Wingers

Post by Wingers »

How is manufacturing coming along? The last we heard was that they would be ready two weeks ago.

Wingers
Marty J

Post by Marty J »

I can only relay what I am being told.

The latest is that pinion A parts should be getting shipped directly to UK customers from the manufacturer before Christmas. :pray:

I know this is not what people want to hear if they have ordered pinion B, but the manufacturing is out of my hands. I will keep you up to date when I get more info.

I have been on the phone to them over the past few days and have told them that they need to get a move on. Needless to say this has been very embarrassing for myself and will have done nothing for my reputation in the MR2 community.
lmt

Post by lmt »

updates?
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

when do you need the old unit ?
Marty J

Post by Marty J »

Guys no updates for you. I have sent an email to the manufacturer but got no reply. International phone calls run up the bill so I don't like phoning every time.

I hate to say it, but we may have to take a vote on refunds if they don't produce the goods soon. :cry:
ziggyzigatron

Post by ziggyzigatron »

Updates ? This needs resolving one way or another asap
Marty J

Post by Marty J »

I was speaking to them just before Christmas day. They should have ten type A pinions ready.

I only found out that day that they claim to not have received the softsample that I returned to them. Luckily I sent it by registered post which I checked out and they did get the softsample.

The first ten people that paid a deposit for type A will get the parts first. Sorry to say some of you paid early only to find out that you need type B. I will keep on hounding the manufacturer in the New Year.

I don't like to give these type of updates as we have found out in the past that the manufacturer can tell a few pork pies. :roll:

Here's hoping that early 2013 all of us have the upgraded power steering pinion. :oops:
Wingers

Post by Wingers »

I'm assuming no one has received anything yet?

Marty - How are these being distributed?
If the supplier is planning to send them direct to each of us I would be suspicious as they don't seem very trustworthy so far.
At what point do they get paid? Is it once they've made and delivered the parts, or have they already got the money up-front?

Wingers
Marty J

Post by Marty J »

Wingers wrote:I'm assuming no one has received anything yet?

Marty - How are these being distributed?
If the supplier is planning to send them direct to each of us I would be suspicious as they don't seem very trustworthy so far.
At what point do they get paid? Is it once they've made and delivered the parts, or have they already got the money up-front?

Wingers

The manufacturer is in the UK (I am in Ireland) so it makes sense to send them directly to you guys that are already in the UK. They use couriers to track their parcels.
I have paid 50% up front. I will be in touch for postage payments only when I know that the pinion is 100% ready to be shipped out.
Marty J

Post by Marty J »

I was talking to a engineer yesterday. I believe they are doing their best to get the pinion parts resolved. They had problems with a machine called a 'sparker' but have got another one now. The first ten parts (A) should be shipping really soon. So it will be whoever paid a deposit first for type A pinion will receive the first batch.
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

EOI made Mon Jul 11, 2011.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 words like 'soon' and 'problems' being used with no item shown or delivered.

Something is not right here I suspect.
Marty J

Post by Marty J »

aussieGT wrote:EOI made Mon Jul 11, 2011.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 words like 'soon' and 'problems' being used with no item shown or delivered.

Something is not right here I suspect.

Of course there is something not right, they should have been produced ages ago. This is not to say that they won't be produced, the manufacturer is too easy going for my liking. I suspect that with it being such a small order, they know they don't have a lot to lose. To go somewhere else at this stage would be impracticable.
ziggyzigatron

Post by ziggyzigatron »

I think its time to impose some kind of deadline to force the hand of this company or come up with a solution.
This has gone on too long and is ridiculous.
I wanted this for the begining of last years race season.
There are plenty of companys in most towns capable of under taking this work.
I dont see the problem here.

WE NEED ACTION
Marty J

Post by Marty J »

"As to the balance of parts - the spark eroder was 'down' before Christmas so we have bought a replacement one as the cost to repair the original one was just not viable. This has to have a couple of parts made for it to be fuly operational so I am afraid we are a while off these parts being complete - most likely end of March."

The message is the latest email I received from the manufacturer.

dantheman
Wingers
ziggyzigatron
Irishdan
Myself
5 other Australian MR2 owners.

Above on the list are the first ten people who paid a deposit for type A pinion. The parts are ready to ship as confirmed on the phone today. BUT the person that deals with me could not make it to work today due to the snow.
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

Marty J wrote:The company is in a different country to where I am and I don't want to be running up phone bills, as I am unemployed.

Rest assured I don't give up and will be in touch with them soon enough to complain if they don't send me a sample soon.

Who is 'the company' and which 'different country' are they located in?

There's an awful lot of money tied up here, none of which is mine I must ad but as an outsider this whole thing appears obscene.

I'm sure a phone call or two from people who may be in the same 'country' who don't need to worry about large phone costs, or even may be able to visit 'the company' may see this came to its end.

Hopefully with new pinions in cars. :sick:
Marty J

Post by Marty J »

aussieGT your suggestions are duly noted.

The manufacturer is in the UK, I am in Ireland.
5sgte

Post by 5sgte »

And they are who...
Marty J

Post by Marty J »

5sgte wrote:And they are who...

Sorry Kris, but I don't want to divulge that information.

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”