special message for whoever just drove into me without stopping...

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

HighwayStar

special message for whoever just drove into me without stopping...

Post by HighwayStar »

You are a spineless f*****g c**t and I hope you get what you deserve you f****r.

When I called the police to report it and ask if they had cctv coverage they said I had to report it in person at a police station and within 24hrs otherwise they wouldn't count it.... closest station ('cos Harpenden where the incident just happened don't man their station) is St Albans. Close but still an annoying, time consuming and costly exercise... at 40p per mile let's call it £8... just enough to prevent me from going to the bother. I'd also have to produce ALL my docs in order to report the crime something I can do but another pointless obstacle to them lifting a single finger ....
I've said it before and I'll say it again this country is turning to xxxx.....

Hope you're all having better days than me 'cos to be honest I just want to punch something now....

R
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Re: special message for whoever just drove into me without stopping...

Post by afennell »

not nice mate there are some real a*** holes out there, did you get the reg? probably not by the sound of it.

Hope its repairable.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Thanks fella.
No reg and no note of course. I'd just done a 10 min shop in Sainsbury and came out to find it. Van driver nearby thought it might have been a silver Corsa but didn't see or hear it happen so didn't have any reason to take the number. Already swung by the bodyshop on the way home. It's only a knock/scrape but it's pushed in the wing and nose fractionally where they join so the lights catch on the way up and the paint is scratched right through. Rubbing strip is also bu88ered and that was bonded on last time I had to repair that wing 'cos somebody else threw an empty bottle at it (that was only in Jan). May well need a new light cluster as well. My man reckons £200-£250 so no insurance just another wedge out my pocket 'cos of somebody else's carelessness, dishonesty and cowardice... somebody I'd really like to meet.
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

I had a very similar thing with my 2 a few years back in Chelmsford. Good luck with getting it sorted, there are some real 'idiots' around

Rob :cry:
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

Do it rob. Get to the police station, see what comes of it. Drop any charges once you know where they live a park a car in their front room.

Gutted for you mate. Come see me later if you want.
simpson_eh

Post by simpson_eh »

i had both doors scratched in the same carpark about 2 months apart had cctv but wasnt good enough to see anything

wasnt impressed
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Its awful. Damn scumbags, I had my bumper scuffed a week after respray, had it redone the following week, and about two days later it was done AGAIN in exactly the same place! I havnt had that fixed yet.. Hope you get yours sorted quickly anyway mate.
sketch

Post by sketch »

Sorry to hear this Rob :evil: It's happened numerous times to me and Chris too. Only once did the owner of the other vehicle tell me (and that was only cus it was outside work and he was our valet supplier).

Hope she's looking gorgeous again soon.

:wink:
craig

Post by craig »

Gutted for you mate, this really annoys me how someone can realize they've hit someone else's car and drive off because they don't have the balls to own up or pay out for their own mistakes.

Had it myself ages ago some woman reversed out of a driveway down the street and hit my car (parked outside my house).

No note left, just a smashed window and a dented beyond repair drivers door. I was fuming. Went down the whole street for witnesses, found a lead went to the cops and they tracked her down and I got a payout off their insurance.

I would say get it reported mate, better than not. All the best with it and hope it works out for you.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

4th time in 12 yrs ownership...
Jules-B

Post by Jules-B »

Rob.

Id do it also.
I have witnessed it happen a few times in harpenden. Most of the time its mutton dressed as lamb in their 4x4's that just dont give a xxxx.

Where abouts was it?. Most of harpenden is covered by CCTV.

Also, not sure where your getting your bodywork done, but heard some more stuff about tradeworx recently!...
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Hey Jules.
Was right outside the church next door to WHS in the 1hr parking bays down the left hand side of the one way bit. I had a good look around and can't see any cameras that cover it but thought I'd just check with the law. Not now. Didn't go tonight and have my uncles funeral tomorrow in Peterborough so that'll be 24hrs and times up according to the err 'help' line.
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

sorry to hear that that is one reason i want to install recording device on the car :mrgreen: and price of dvr seen to drop alot these day
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Recently there was a guy who had a whole wing crumped on his Disco (another forum I frequent, but bear with me). He had something called a Blackvue fitted. Got the reg number of the van who did it and drove off, hundreds in damages.

Looked it up and...
http://www.blackvue.co.uk/

Seriously thinking might be a good investment!
GB anyone?
(P.S. Rob, think Harpenden must be bad for it, my old disco got the door pushed in either in Sainsburys car park or Co-Op one only a month ago, grrr).
Super_red

Post by Super_red »

I had a driver hit me up the rear then drive round me and speed off the wrong way down a one way street. If you cant provide a full reg number within 24 hours then they will take no further action, I had a partial reg and full description of the car its color, damage and location within minutes but they wont do anything without the full reg.
craig

Post by craig »

tonigmr2 wrote:Recently there was a guy who had a whole wing crumped on his Disco (another forum I frequent, but bear with me). He had something called a Blackvue fitted. Got the reg number of the van who did it and drove off, hundreds in damages.

Looked it up and...
http://www.blackvue.co.uk/

Seriously thinking might be a good investment!
GB anyone?
(P.S. Rob, think Harpenden must be bad for it, my old disco got the door pushed in either in Sainsburys car park or Co-Op one only a month ago, grrr).

That's brilliant! Wonder how much though :-k
Jules-B

Post by Jules-B »

Harpenden is only bad when the mums come out and dont give a xxxx

Now if i ever saw someone hit the noble..well id probably be getting arrested.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Frankly I'd never go shopping in the GTR as I would be guilty of assault. :mrgreen:

I might look into that Blackvue and see if they'll do a club discount.
craig

Post by craig »

tonigmr2 wrote:Frankly I'd never go shopping in the GTR as I would be guilty of assault. :mrgreen:

I might look into that Blackvue and see if they'll do a club discount.

I take the beemer shopping to get battered with car doors and trollies :mrgreen:
OwenK

Post by OwenK »

Sorry to hear it Rob :( Hope it gets sorted out relatively painlessly!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”