[Mk2] [Generic] New Wheel Options

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Goldy

[Mk2] [Generic] New Wheel Options

Post by Goldy »

Seen a set of wheels I quite like and was wondering what peoples thoughts on them / what colour would be best (bronze, gold, silver, gunmetal). They're 16'' enkeis

As car is now...

Dodgy photoshop with bronze wheels....

Thoughts? :)
chindo89

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] New Wheel Options

Post by chindo89 »

I always loved the original 15" wheels on the mr2, and yours look really good just now. I had them on mine for close to a year before I bit the bullet and bought a set of silver and gold Rota D1's. Car looks a million times better now haha. I'd say if you like how it looks in the picture then go for it but personally I don't like the thin spokes and not 100% sure on the colour. But, like I say, it's your car and if you like it then go for it. It's not like your banging a set of 18" Wolfrace on a Corsa :roll:
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

You got any piccys of your wheels? i'm interested in what would go nicely with a red car other than black.

I'm thinking about gunmetal....

chindo89

Post by chindo89 »

Gunmetal I think would look much better, I'll post up a pic in a minute.
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

chindo89 wrote: I'll post up a pic in a minute.

not until you have 15 posts #-o
chindo89

Post by chindo89 »

Ok, scratch that, I don't have a pic on the new computer. I'll get one off my phone tomorrow and upload it.
RobPhoboS

Post by RobPhoboS »

chindo89 wrote:I always loved the original 15" wheels on the mr2, and yours look really good just now. I don't like the thin spokes and not 100% sure on the colour.

Definitely agree with that.
The only reason I don't like thin spokes on our cars is that we have TINY brake discs, they look really stupid when exposed. Like seeing a planky Punto or something with 18" wheels and a pathetic drum thing on the rears, well makes me laugh at least :lol:

Return to “Modifications”