[Mk2] [Turbo] Engine fans what size resistor

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

kennym

[Mk2] [Turbo] Engine fans what size resistor

Post by kennym »

Hi I'm fitting rouge engine fans

does anyone know what value of resistor needs to be across the standard ic plug to make the fan controlor thing the ic fan is still connected ....... Or is it a capacitor????? V
SFLee

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Engine fans what size resistor

Post by SFLee »

i would of thought resistor

but why not just connect it to drive the fan?

according to the bgb it use variable resistance to turn on and off fan

you can stick a ohm meter to change old fan resistance
pnicho

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Engine fans what size resistor

Post by pnicho »

SFLee - this is running on from another thread and I think I know what he's on about (if I'm correct).

Now if I'm correct you don't have an intercooler fan on that side and you just want to use the intercooler fan power to positively charge the relay on the fans etc.

You can't just measure the resistance on the fan and then get a resistor that size, what you need to do is measure the impedance of the fan and then get the correct resistor. You should do some research on the net for this, but I'm pretty sure you could just get a power supply and put a constant 1A through the fan and then measure the voltage drop across it. From this you could then use V=IR and work out what you need.

Google is your king in this situation unless someone know's the exact resisitor you need.

Return to “Modifications”