A57 Snake Pass

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

SonicSW20

A57 Snake Pass

Post by SonicSW20 »

Finally got round to heading up to the peak district as its only round the corner from me in Stafford. Went last Tuesday, and the weather was lovely pretty much all day - perfect T-Bar weather - she had her top off all day. Lucy was my tour guide, as I have never visited this part of the UK before. We went to The Roaches and a lovely Tea Room nearby for a quintessentially British cup of tea and slice of cake, and then up to the Roaches themselves for a walk - no pictures of the car, but here is me being a muppet:

after some more Peaks exploration, I thought it would be rude not to head up to the A57 to see what the fuss is about. And oh my, what a fantastic stretch of road! Really impressed with the way the MR2 handled round there, although heading east we were stuck behind a Mercedes for most of the way. After some food by the Ladybower reservoir, we headed back, and I had a good 7 miles of Snake Pass to myself!

Car ran perfectly, the only minus point was the fuel consumption after the spirited driving :lol:

Return to “Driving Experiences”