[Mk2] [Turbo] racelogic tc

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

black gts

[Mk2] [Turbo] racelogic tc

Post by black gts »

hi all
right what a weekend iv had
started to fit above said item to a none abs car.
i also had a knock from the front end and a steering wheel wobble so that's where i started.

i got some abs front hubs from gts chris and new ball joints,track rod ends and steering rack arms from my parts supplier.

removed old none abs hubs,ball joints,track rod ends and rack ends.
fitted abs hub with all new parts as well

1st. all of knocks and rattles are gone but more importantly the wobble is gone :D (lost count of how many times had wheels balanced

the abs hubs came with all the Toyota fittings so they bolted up and in place mint,but.......

on further investigation iv noticed my rec 3 turbo is wired for abs at the front of the car :thumleft: the rear is not :(

now the rears-xxxxing mare, i removed my dust shields from drive shaft and tapped on the 3 piece abs ring onto my turbo drive shaft, all going to plan so far.
i went to fit the abs rear hub and my drive shaft dosnt fit through the hub :( :( :( :(
so i must of been given none turbo hubs, ill keep you all posted.
car now sold
most parts off gts chris
paul port

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] racelogic tc

Post by paul port »

If you can find him... Speak to Dino Micouris, as he did the same to a Rev3 many years ago:

Fit ABS hubs to a Rev3 + Race Logic
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

The wiring for the rear hubs should be there in the engine bay but they're not as obvious as in the frunk. Mine's a rev3 turbo with no ABS and the wiring connectors are there. I'll grab some pics when I get my car back tomorrow.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
ryan

Post by ryan »

Tim Bill has fitted a couple of these, and im sure one was to a non abs car, may be worth giving him a shout for some help, I dont think Dinos about at all now.
black gts

Post by black gts »

i just need one rear abs sensor then i could wire it up,but....
i want to fit the abs if its not to much hassle.

iv looked for the rear wires toxo but cant find them (photo would be good :wink: ) :thumleft:

where is the abs ecu boot or under dash?
as it would be good to do the sensor connections at one place.
iv had the bloody system since Christmas and iv just put 4 new tires on and dont want them slicked :evil:

Paul[/quote]
car now sold
most parts off gts chris
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

There's a very old wiring guide we host for Racelogic TC which says that the ABS ECU is behind the glovebox.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/technical/article/tc.htm

However if you want the ABS to actually work properly you'll also need the ABS master cylinder, the proportioning valve, and the valve assembly that the ECU controls.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
black gts

Post by black gts »

cheers for that link,a good read.
one thing i noticed in that article was he said different pin outs for a different age car, any one know what abs ecu needed for a rev 3?
think iv found the n/s sensor wire under the fuse box in the engine bay but cant find o/s plug, any one know?

cheers people

Paul
car now sold
most parts off gts chris
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Yea I didn't take photos today but you're right, the N/S sensor connector is attached to the main loom bit that goes under the fusebox into the boot. I've got the car outside now so I'll go take a look.

Edit: I can't find one either. However it looks to me from the parts diagrams that the loom on the driver's side of the car is a different part number if you have ABS. This would tie in with that connector being the one missing.
black gts

Post by black gts »

cheers toxo
dont suppose any one know where the harness plugs in the drivers side,as it would be good to put a short run of wire from rear sensors to where ever, instead of wiring all over the car.

end goal is to have race logic tc and if i can sort this problem,abs as well.

cheers Paul
car now sold
most parts off gts chris
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

black gts wrote:one thing i noticed in that article was he said different pin outs for a different age car, any one know what abs ecu needed for a rev 3?

COMPUTER ASSY, SKID CONTROL
89541-17020 1 $700.91
89541-17030 アリ(トラクシヨン コントロ-ル)* (12/1991 - 11/1997) 1 $1,468.76
89541-17040 (11/1993 - 05/1996) 1 $640.89
89541-17050 (06/1996 - 11/1997) 1 $638.09
89541-17060 (12/1997 - ) 1 $700.91

* Pretty sure this says 'with traction control' so your rev3 ABS ECU (without factory traction control) part number is 89541-17040
black gts

Post by black gts »

legend john :thumleft:
car now sold
most parts off gts chris
black gts

Post by black gts »

hi all
right got some where but I'm stuck again (help please) :whistle: .

dose anyone have a 95 turbo rev 3 wiring diagram or links etc as my CD work shop manual only goes up to 92 #-o bloody eBay,

and/or abs ecu pin out(95 rev3 please) as on searching Toyota seems to have put a few different ones in.

and/or could someone with a abs car follow the o/s abs sensor wire through the bulk head,i think it plugs into the cars harness behind the drivers kick plate(bonnet pull)

cheers
Paul
car now sold
most parts off gts chris
black gts

Post by black gts »

update

ok so long story short the racelogic tc is now fitted and up and running (just one niggle) and i have to say its the muts nuts and im not just saying it.
it does exactly what it says on the tin :thumleft: :thumleft:

The only problem is if I'm pulling away slow left or right im getting a slight misfire(sounds about 2 misses), so i done all the trouble shooting and could not sort it so i rang racelogic and was told to log and drive so i thought the length of my drive would do as the problem only happens at slow pull away but......oh no #-o.

2nd chat with technical and was told to do a slow pull away in a straight line up to 50 mph log and email it to him and he would ring me back and talk me through dialing it out :thumleft: .

I did not get this unit new, they didn't ask age of it and were so helpful which is a nice change :thumleft:

i think my car is is about 320hp and was a bit twitchy with the tires or lack of 8-[ and if u showed it any boost on roundabouts or in the wet it aways stepped out :evil: but now the car feels mint,solid and all together a much nicer and more relaxed drive when one is pushing on,also i took it to a empty car park and tried to donut it( before i got my new tires fitted all round )but it would not do it, and im talking 1st/2nd gear full boost hard left and right turning and it would not loose traction.

just a reminder that my car is a rev 3 non abs car and is now wired with toyota sensors and wires (im thinking of fitting abs)
car now sold
most parts off gts chris
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

That's good work :thumleft: I have met a few of the racelogic guys in my local (they are based round the corner from me) they seem like a pretty sound bunch.

Return to “Modifications”