This isn't the mk place to go

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

RST

This isn't the mk place to go

Post by RST »

IMOC UK for me is still the best place for all technical stuff MR2 related but this obviously isn't the place for MK3 guys. Thing is I'm registered on the MK3various forums now and it's less than enthusiastic, guess I'll have to get used to it.
S A Watt

Re: This isn't the mk place to go

Post by S A Watt »

yip

i could have told you that Richard

Hope the new car is going well.

shane
rbuckingham

Post by rbuckingham »

to work out probs and info roc is the place but some can be well blunt shall we say
HT

Post by HT »

rbuckingham wrote:to work out probs and info roc is the place but some can be well blunt shall we say

Totally agree - have found ROC great for info, but scary if you post. You'll probably get continuous stream of " use search function", its the generic lemming like response one gets :-)
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Trust me, there's enough people here who know what they're talking about when it comes to the mk3 in all aspects that you probably won't have need to go to ROC again. If you do have an question then by all means post it up and I'm sure it'll get answered, and when the car's going well (which is hopefully most of the time!) you can just enjoy the livelier social aspect that is IMOC :thumleft:
rogerROC

Post by rogerROC »

HT wrote:
rbuckingham wrote:to work out probs and info roc is the place but some can be well blunt shall we say

Totally agree - have found ROC great for info, but scary if you post. You'll probably get continuous stream of " use search function", its the generic lemming like response one gets :-)

I am pleased to say I think following the policy changes this has now ceased. Please don't let you put you off - there is even a new members section now, for those not so genned up on the Mk3.
rbuckingham

Post by rbuckingham »

rogerROC wrote:
HT wrote:

I am pleased to say I think following the policy changes this has now ceased. Please don't let you put you off - there is even a new members section now, for those not so genned up on the Mk3.

also people are doing the search function for new users and giving them a link to go to.

richard
greglebon

Post by greglebon »

ROC is a great forum. :D

Just dont mention tyre stagger....... :wink:
HT

Post by HT »

rogerROC wrote:
HT wrote:

No worries it has not put me off - everyone has a different take on things.

IMOC has always been genuinely friendly, in particularly the mk1 forum; keeping the true mr2 legend alive.

I feel the mr2 roadster has more validity than any forum - in essence I enjoy driving it more than talking about it :-)
wabbitkilla

Post by wabbitkilla »

I'm pleased to say that RoC has pretty much eradicated the "use the search" attitudes. You'll quickly get answers to questions and there's a lot of experience over there you can take advantage of. I'm biased of course, but we all find where we fit in with the social aspect where it suits our personal needs best.

Give it a shot, there's no harm in using any of the clubs in tandem to meet your needs.
HT

Post by HT »

wabbitkilla wrote:I'm pleased to say that RoC has pretty much eradicated the "use the search" attitudes. You'll quickly get answers to questions and there's a lot of experience over there you can take advantage of. I'm biased of course, but we all find where we fit in with the social aspect where it suits our personal needs best.

Give it a shot, there's no harm in using any of the clubs in tandem to meet your needs.

I have thank you - it just doesn't have the same friendliness as IMOC.

Having read the now deleted exchange on this thread, I can understand why.

Really unsure why it was necessary to be so defensive; inducing the exchange that went on here. Thankfully the Mods here deleted the disharmony ROC appears to have/had - lets hope you can keep your issues off IMOC :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”