[Mk2] [Turbo] For some reason it appears to be losing power and hesitating sometimes, seems fa

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dellams

[Mk2] [Turbo] For some reason it appears to be losing power and hesitating sometimes, seems fa

Post by dellams »

For some reason it appears to be losing power and hesitating sometimes, seems familiar and I think its ignition related, you agree? So was gonna do plugs first, then probably leads since easiest to change, then rotar arms, dizzy cap, sound good?

I cant remember what spark plugs are best for stock tubbys? Been a while, is it the cold grade ones? But since I am running standard boost just normal ones would be fine?

Cheers. :thumleft:
Rev3 TURBO TBAR running aprox 280bhp @ 1bar (320bhp after re-map soon...)
bobhatton

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] For some reason it appears to be losing power and hesitating sometimes, seems fa

Post by bobhatton »

Also check the coil, they rust and split then water gets in and you have a misfire
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
dellams

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] For some reason it appears to be losing power and hesitating sometimes, seems fa

Post by dellams »

Yeah will do. Thanks. :thumleft:
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

King lead....
dellams

Post by dellams »

YEah could be any of them... Just got to slowly change each part one at a time till it goes away...

Return to “Electrical”