have found the perfect MK3 -viewing tomorrow -quick and urgent question

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

RST

have found the perfect MK3 -viewing tomorrow -quick and urgent question

Post by RST »

Am potentially making the jump from a mk2 to to a mk3. I've found the perfect one for me and going to view tomorrow but I've got to ask is there any questions / answers I need to know...

2002 on a W plate MRS (so ideal for me -an import), it's a manual -not fussesd about the auto box to be honest, current owner is a Toyota nut. Apart from pre-cats and excessive oil consumption is ther anything else really flawed with them. Even if the engine's showing signs of going out I have a gen 4 3SGE and aftermarket ECU which would just make the MK3 the dogs danglies. I've seen the conversion done and always said I'd buy one with a mind to that swap out of my existing MK2.

Car comes with bodykit, hard top and original alloys which I'll use as winter tyres. I'm not advertising the rest of it as going by the ad there's nothing wrong with it so I don't want anyone going in there before me LoL.

Price is half way point -not top dollar but not cheap enough for it to be a write-off so it's worth grabbing. It's cloth seats but not fussed by leather, and it comes with air con.

Is there anything else apart from the usual stuff wrong with one!!!

Cheers,

Rich
Ekona

Re: have found the perfect MK3 -viewing tomorrow -quick and urgent question

Post by Ekona »

OBDII doesn't work on imports, which makes reading any fault codes a PITA.
RST

Post by RST »

well i lived past few years with a non-fault code readable ecu so hope i can rely on skill and judgement on that one -thanks, never realised that though
RST

Post by RST »

I got it -but see my post in off-topic. Was a great little package for the money -really tidy, intil a deer jumped out in front of me going home! Lets just say they seem to fair quite well in a crash #-o My MK3 ownership started and finished in 3 hours :cry:

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”