Koni Suspension Kit

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rik

Koni Suspension Kit

Post by Rik »

Hi,

On Wednesday I have my 2 booked in for the above fitting and new TRD front top mounts at the local garage. I have some rebuildable struts that are currently off the car for these to fit but I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea how long it should take to fit the whole lot (not sure if this is like asking how long is a piece of string!!).

Also is this gonna be a straight forward job for them or are there things they can mess up that they need to watch out for. Is it obvious which way round the struts go and doesn't the top mount have to face a certain way?

Any advice anyone can give for things to worn them about would be great

Cheers
Rik
EarL

Re: Koni Suspension Kit

Post by EarL »

I took around 2 hours per unit to do mine.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Did you encounter any problems or does it actually take that long? Did you fit a Koni kit to yours? Anything I should tell them to make sure they put the right way round?
EarL

Post by EarL »

I have Koni adjustables with Eibach Sportline springs all round. Did the job myself (never done any suspension work on an MR2 before that), and it took around 2 hours per unit. It's pretty simple, and there's not a lot to go wrong.

I have the standard top mounts on mine so I wouldn't know about them until I have my Tein EDFC kit in a couple of months.

HTH.
Rik

Post by Rik »

cheers so did you take a strut off, replace the spring and insert and then put back? I'm a bit concerned 'cos I have 4 rebuildable struts seperate to the car (car has non-rebuildables on at the mo') and not sure if there's a way of telling which ones are passenger side and which ones drivers side. Anyone know if its obvious???

Rik
Dan_DCDezign

Post by Dan_DCDezign »

The Koni kits are very good good, certainly get excellent reviews from customers. IMOC'ers get Discount :D

Dan

Return to “Modifications”