MR2 Rev2 Tubby VS 2003 M3 Convertible

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

vtecpower

MR2 Rev2 Tubby VS 2003 M3 Convertible

Post by vtecpower »

Hey people i know i will probably get abused for this but i dont care i HAVE to share this story..

Yesterday i washed and waxed the Rev2 Tubby and used back-to-black on all the black trimming outside aNd got her very shiney :) .. I also put my HKS SSQV on the tubby but this time i took the silver fin out and left it finless :wink: .. So on my to get a haircute today with my windows down enjoying the weather and the cleaness of the car along with the HKS SSQV with no fin i come across a nice BMW M3 Contertible (2003 plate)..

We came to a set of traffic lights..which we could see far ahead of us.. no cars roads was clear.. he looked a me an i knew it was on...

lights changed green i shot off 0-70 ish we was neck and neck..

80-90 he pulled about the length of a mini infront of me and couldnt get any further than that..

we both then saw traffic and other road users so to no be d***s we both slowed down and drove normally.. we then get to another set of lights and decided to have a chat.. i told him that i liked M3's and if i could afford 1 i would buy one.. he then told me he is used to "leaving people for dust at lights" i then ask him if he was "surprised at my cars performance" and his answer was "SURPRISED I ALMOST CHOCKED ON MY GUM" he told me he was tottally shocked..

we then carried on i turned off and he wen straight..

i know i will get abuse for this thread but there was no cars when we set off soon as ONE car appeared we both slowed down.. its a type of dual carriage way were people CAN NOT even cross no house's on each side either.. we didnT do anythin else stupid and the road was 100% dry if any other tubby member said they WOULDNT have a go then you are probably lie'in :wink:

we all break the rules a little here and there but only when it is 150 % percent safe too

so ye im proud of my tubby up against the 338 BHP M3 .. only mods im running is.. Induction kit, decat, exhuast, racing clutch and my car boosts to 11.5 psi with no mbc or ebc must be due to free flowing gases and i still have my toyota boost device thingy sill hooked up :D
Rob B

Re: MR2 Rev2 Tubby VS 2003 M3 Convertible

Post by Rob B »

well in good tale. There can be a time and a place :wink:
ryan

Post by ryan »

Wheres Mattbmwmr2t?
Hes off form today so i'll say it for him 'I'd rather be in the M3 convertible'.
:oldtongue:
craig

Post by craig »

ryan wrote:Wheres Mattbmwmr2t?
Hes off form today so i'll say it for him 'I'd rather be in the M3 convertible'.
:oldtongue:

That's pretty much bang on what he would have said :lol: :lol:

The BMW beacon must be broken :mrgreen:
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

:lol:
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

RedMR² wrote:The BMW beacon must be broken :mrgreen:

Surely not, BMWs never break down because they're like, the best cars eva! :o
Blue_5

Post by Blue_5 »

Slarty wrote:

Its not broken, its just wired in to the indicators so it never goes off. :lol:
ryan

Post by ryan »

Slarty wrote:

It must, and dont call me shirley \:D/
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

not an m3 but heres my little story. LOL

2 bmw one was a E36 325i and following him was a later 330i

I was not in the mood to race but we pulled up at lights and the 325i shot off so gave him about 1 car length head start. I over took him and he disappeared in rear mirror. Then had to stop at another set of lights about 1/2mile further up when up pulls by the side of me the 330i (325i behind him they must have been BM buddies) rev'ing his engine and looking across. Well all i can say is

Rev2 tubby 2 BMW 0

It was pretty funny really looking across and seeing him moving backwards and forwards in his seat trying to make his BMW go a bit faster LOL

All done on dual carriage way in country side with no one else around
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I love how the 18 year old cars still surprise folk in newer more powerful motors, especially when it's knobs in beemers :-)
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

sheppy wrote:I love how the 18 year old cars still surprise folk in newer more powerful motors, especially when it's knobs in beemers :-)

Oh don't, I can almost guess what mattbmwfanboi's reply will be, verbatim. =;
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Slarty wrote:
sheppy wrote:I love how the 18 year old cars still surprise folk in newer more powerful motors, especially when it's knobs in beemers :-)

Oh don't, I can almost guess what mattbmwfanboi's reply will be, verbatim. =;

it's true though, the only drivers that look across with a big smug grin at the lights are beemer drivers, on a daily basis i wipe the smug look off their face in the mr2, i have a few mates with beemers, they are all poser knobs, always having a pop at my mr2, till they try and take it on and are looking at the rear end thinking "oh"....."xxxx".obviously a newer beemer is more comfy, more refined, a totally different car, but...... if i wanted one, i would have one, i have my mr2 because i WANT my mr2, not because i can't afford something better :D

:D :D :D

this site should change it's name to beemoc :D

every other day there is posts regarding beemers and pretty much slating mr2's :shock:
vtecpower

Post by vtecpower »

Rob B wrote:well in good tale. There can be a time and a place :wink:

only reason why i went for it otherwise i wouldnt have botherd :D

ryan wrote:Wheres Mattbmwmr2t?

they are lovely cars sadly i cant afford one lol but atleast my rev2 tubby can keep up with them.. when i said he pulled a length of a mini away at 90 i didnt mean the new shape mini's no no i ment the very old school ones 8)

alanmr2turbo wrote:not an m3 but heres my little story. LOL

2 bmw one was a E36 325i and following him was a later 330i

I was not in the mood to race but we pulled up at lights and the 325i shot off so gave him about 1 car length head start. I over took him and he disappeared in rear mirror. Then had to stop at another set of lights about 1/2mile further up when up pulls by the side of me the 330i (325i behind him they must have been BM buddies) rev'ing his engine and looking across. Well all i can say is

Rev2 tubby 2 BMW 0

It was pretty funny really looking across and seeing him moving backwards and forwards in his seat trying to make his BMW go a bit faster LOL

All done on dual carriage way in country side with no one else around

good story just needed a M3 to complete the bigger side of the 3 series :mrgreen:
vtecpower

Post by vtecpower »

he was completly shocked but happy to chat and tell me he was giving it all the car had :clap:

340 bhp and he could only pull a length of a old school mini.. god i love the grip of a MR2 in a drag :D
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

no car i've ever owned puts a smile on my face more than the Mr2, i'm not daft, i know there are better cars, there's just something about a 2 that turns me into a wee boy again :D i wanted one since i was a kid :thumleft:

closest thing to compare with my 2 was my rx8, even with a turbo conversion (around 305 BHP, 265 at the wheels) it still didn't make me grin as much :D the newer cars don't have that ballistic 90's feel, i doubt anything ever will again :( i know the mr2 is old and creaks and rattles, but for pure driving pleasure i fecking love it!!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

just to add, a guy i know (used to come to my carwash for a valet now and again) owns a ferrari 360, some insane merc thing, and a 98 import impreza, running around 300bhp, he swears to me the impreza is his fave :thumleft: :thumleft:
vtecpower

Post by vtecpower »

sheppy wrote:no car i've ever owned puts a smile on my face more than the Mr2, i'm not daft, i know there are better cars, there's just something about a 2 that turns me into a wee boy again :D i wanted one since i was a kid :thumleft:

closest thing to compare with my 2 was my rx8, even with a turbo conversion (around 305 BHP, 265 at the wheels) it still didn't make me grin as much :D the newer cars don't have that ballistic 90's feel, i doubt anything ever will again :( i know the mr2 is old and creaks and rattles, but for pure driving pleasure i fecking love it!!

I know what you mean buddy the accelaration feels aggresive and even the inside of a MR2 feels aggressive..
Me and my gf was talking about my next car and I'm just not interested I have had the MR2 for like 3 Years and it never fails to put a smile to my face..

When people really want to be mean I get the odd "but its old" comment
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

vtecpower wrote:
sheppy wrote:no car i've ever owned puts a smile on my face more than the Mr2, i'm not daft, i know there are better cars, there's just something about a 2 that turns me into a wee boy again :D i wanted one since i was a kid :thumleft:

I know what you mean buddy the accelaration feels aggresive and even the inside of a MR2 feels aggressive..
Me and my gf was talking about my next car and I'm just not interested I have had the MR2 for like 3 Years and it never fails to put a smile to my face..

When people really want to be mean I get the odd "but its old" comment

it's old, but it'll STILL rip most things on the road :thumleft: yeah, i'm a huge fan of the '90's' feel of a car, don't get me wrong, my rx8(turbo converted) was good to drive, but compare it with an rx7 and the 7 wins hands down!!!
gltd666

Post by gltd666 »

I'm conflicted... :-k

i love our MR2 but i also love my e34 530i V8 daily driver... its a tarmac eating limo.

Personally i think the M3 driver was to pussy to really use it as he should have.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Hi.

My Tubby used to eat M3's for breakfast.

This is all I have to say.

Bye.

Return to “Driving Experiences”