What was that about?

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

craig

What was that about?

Post by craig »

:?
Driving on the M1 earlier, I overtake a van then notice there is a 50 limit up the road so I overtake the van then pull back into the inside lane and brake to 50 approaching the roadworks site.

Next thing this van is right on my ass flashing his lights (I didn't cut him up, I was on the inside lane for about 100 yds before the 50)

He overtakes me doing more than the speed limit through the work site, beeping his horn then gives me the w**nker sign in his nearside mirror.

He then proceeded to carry on through the 50 at the NSL :?

What was his deal? :?
ancient mariner

Re: What was that about?

Post by ancient mariner »

van driver. says it all mate :roll:
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

ancient mariner wrote:van driver. says it all mate :roll:

sadly +1 lol
craig

Post by craig »

par for the course then eh? :roll:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

allan welsh wrote:

sadly +1 lol

+2

Saw 'small van' man overtake a cyclist today - the cyclist had been signalling to turn right. Very nearly a fatal :pale:
craig

Post by craig »

What is it about driving a Transit that makes them drive like idiots? :? :roll:
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

JohnnyC wrote:
allan welsh wrote:

sadly +1 lol

+2

Saw 'small van' man overtake a cyclist today - the cyclist had been signalling to turn right. Very nearly a fatal :pale:

i know a lot of cyclists can behave like prats but it's shocking how they get pushed about on the roads.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Well, more than likely he either had no idea there was a 50mph speed limit or had no interest in obeying it.

So, in light of that, all he saw was you go from behind him at 70, to in front of him and then slow him down to 50mph.

If you were merrily on your way somewhere at 70mph and some one rounded you then pulled in front and slowed down to 50 I reckon you'd have a few choice words to say.

Thats not to say you were in the wrong - the limit was 50 and he was a nob. But thats the way I think his mind was working to answer your question.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Let's hope a camera clocked him! Basically a pr1ck, can't avoid them all the time unfortunately.
greeny

Post by greeny »

Not all us van drivers are the same :mrgreen:
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
Lewis Jay

Post by Lewis Jay »

RedMR² wrote::?
Driving on the M1 earlier, I overtake a van then notice there is a 50 limit up the road so I overtake the van then pull back into the inside lane and brake to 50 approaching the roadworks site.

Next thing this van is right on my ass flashing his lights (I didn't cut him up, I was on the inside lane for about 100 yds before the 50)

He overtakes me doing more than the speed limit through the work site, beeping his horn then gives me the w**nker sign in his nearside mirror.

The bit highlighted is what you did wrong.

I drive a van all day with my livelihood inside, its heavy and takes alot longer than car to stop, unless you drive larger stuff than a car you wont know what its likes to try and stop behind a idiot in a car that has just decided to slow down at what they see a suitable pace or brake then indicate as they are turning a corner.

These van drivers spend all day on the road and get annoyed with you for a reason, yes I agree there are some right c*&ts out there who are van drivers but just be aware not all of them are.

Lewis ( a frustrated van driver) :wink:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

It`s the same for lorries, I always try to think about the extra stopping distance they need, dont really fancy getting rear ended. :shock:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

D4N_V_U wrote:It`s the same for lorries, I always try to think about the extra stopping distance they need, dont really fancy getting rear ended. :shock:

Try taking into consideration your extra stopping distance by looking further ahead? 8-[ :eye: :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Lewis Jay wrote:

I drive a van all day with my livelihood inside, its heavy and takes alot longer than car to stop, unless you drive larger stuff than a car you wont know what its likes to try and stop behind a idiot in a car that has just decided to slow down at what they see a suitable pace or brake then indicate as they are turning a corner.

These van drivers spend all day on the road and get annoyed with you for a reason, yes I agree there are some right c*&ts out there who are van drivers but just be aware not all of them are.

I see what you're saying, but I didn't just swerve in front of him and jam on the anchors!

I was in front of him before the 50 at a comfortable distance in front of him when I braked for the 50 limit. He, however just carried on doing 70 or whatever and caught me up, then did what he did.

I did nothing wrong whatsoever.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Try taking into consideration your extra stopping distance by looking further ahead?
No I meant if I`m in a car I try not to hop in the gap infront of the lorry to allow it space to stop, not me driving the lorry. I`m always looking further ahead dont worry about that :wink:
Lewis Jay

Post by Lewis Jay »

RedMR² wrote:
Lewis Jay wrote:

I see what you're saying, but I didn't just swerve in front of him and jam on the anchors!

I was in front of him before the 50 at a comfortable distance in front of him when I braked for the 50 limit. He, however just carried on doing 70 or whatever and caught me up, then did what he did.

I did nothing wrong whatsoever.

Maybe the guy was c*&t then, or maybe you didnt need to be in the "slow" lane of a motorway in a car, thats also frustrating for me as you want to just get on your way in a van but cant just accelerate in a van upto 80 and overtake, it takes a long time to get to 60 or 70 and then someone brakes infront of you when you know the road very well and they are unaware of signs and bull$h1t speed limits.

T
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

Lewis Jay wrote:it takes a long time to get to 60 or 70

Which is still speeding in a Van [-X
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Speed limit on motorways for a goods vehicle under 7.5 tons is 70mph ;)

60 limit is only on dual carriageways, and it's 50 on a single carriageway.
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

You are right of course. :oops:
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Return to “Driving Experiences”