Quick bit of help please?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

gandhi

Quick bit of help please?

Post by gandhi »

Hi there!

Does anybody know the internal diameter of the tube I'll need to bleed the clutch? I'm at work at the moment so can't check unfortunately or find it anywhere on here, other forums or google!

Thanks in advance!

Spencer
alfiembra

Re: Quick bit of help please?

Post by alfiembra »

Rather an unusual question if you don't mind me saying, if you are bleeding the clutch it's no different than bleeding the brakes and most people on here would have a standard Halford's type brake bleed kit to do that.
Off the the top of my head it's probably about a 5mm diameter soft rubber hose sleeve that comes in most kits slipped over a clear plastic tube with a non return valve on it, the soft rubber hose seals over the bleed nipple.
Hope that's what you are asking and welcome to the forum too.

Alan
gandhi

Re: Quick bit of help please?

Post by gandhi »

Alan,

Thanks for the reply. Never had to bleed my brakes, so no brake bleed kit alas. I was planning to do it 2 man style (well me and the g/f!) so no non return valve required, just a strong pumping leg and much patience (I Gather)

off to homebase on the way home for some tiny tubing!

Anything else I need to consider? I know I have to:

1) Check I can open bleed nipple before I do anything towards changing the master cylinder.

2) Pump Pedal few times

3) Crack bleed nipple until pressure relieved

4) Dont let pedal up until nipple closed again

5) rinse and repeat until g/f has leg like popeye

:D

I will post some pics once I'm allowed and generally introduce myself more when I'm not running the gauntlet of the IT bods :)

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”