Forza 4 News including Jeremy Clarkson

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SamUK

Forza 4 News including Jeremy Clarkson

Post by SamUK »

We've known that Forza Motorsport 4, when it releases later this year, will support Kinect as a control method. A marketing survey now hints at what some of those features might be, such as head tracking to move the game's camera, and a casual mode that allows players to steer with their hands, similar to last year's Joy Ride.

The survey, sent to Kotaku by an anonymous tipster, asked respondents' reactions to certain statements of up coming features. "By using Kinect for Xbox 360, racing fans can now use head tracking to peer into a corner or their voice to control the game menus and interface," read one. "For more casual players you can enjoy sitting or standing controller free and racing alongside your friends, simply by holding your hands at 10 and 2."

For more serious drivers, the survey claimed Forza 4 would be the "best looking game of the year with graphic fidelity 10 times better than the previous version, including new lighting and shading models." A new career mode involves "an automotive world tour," promising to "increase the variety of challenges and events you participate in." A new no-assist expert mode was also mentioned, as well as more than 500 cars from 80 different manufacturers.

Kinect would also be used to navigate your car in a virtual showroom and learn about the features of the cars in it, with narration provided by Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson. "Each car will be like its own mini level and after your tour, you can take it out on the track."

The survey, in what appeared to sound out what people might want from a Forza 5, also asked respondents to rate their interest in an open-world Forza Motorsport game, which allows drivers to go anywhere on the open road, as opposed to closed-circuit racing.

Kotaku has contacted a Microsoft representative to ask if any of these features can be confirmed in the new game or eliminated from it. Any reply will be updated here.

Thought this would be appreciate here.

Sounds like they are upping there game quite a bit. Looking forward to some screenshots.

And the good news. We dont have to wait 6 years :D
Rev 3 GTS
Ekona

Re: Forza 4 News including Jeremy Clarkson

Post by Ekona »

If it doesn't have night driving and dynamic weather I'm going to give it a miss. Narration by Clarkson is gimmicky in the extreme and adds nothing to the game apart from another disc to install. More tracks, less cars, don't touch the physics model.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

My biggest bugbear is the lack of a steering wheel and pedals compatible with the XBox 360 - without spending £400+...
I like Forza 3 already, but don't like playing it with a joypad all that much.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

The MS wheel is surprisingly decent, but it would be nice to use a G25.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

What, this thing?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-Wirele ... B00128WLGK
Looks a bit fisher-pricey... Not to mention the fact it doesn't seem to be available anymore... :(

Especially annoying as I have an old MS force feedback wheel for the PC that is great, but it's not compatible with the XBox... Particularly as I don't even have a PC to use it with anymore... ](*,)
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

monkeymax wrote:What, this thing?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-Wirele ... B00128WLGK
Looks a bit fisher-pricey... Not to mention the fact it doesn't seem to be available anymore... :(

Especially annoying as I have an old MS force feedback wheel for the PC that is great, but it's not compatible with the XBox... Particularly as I don't even have a PC to use it with anymore... ](*,)

yeah thats the one..

works really well with forza..
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Or you could use the XCM adaptor:

Video
Buy

Not perfect due to the dead area, but better than a kick in the ar$e. I wonder if the dead zone area is adjustable? I know it is within the game, but whether it gives you enough adjustment to solve the issue is another matter.

Return to “Games Consoles”