mmmmmm....Crysis 2

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ekona

Re: mmmmmm....Crysis 2

Post by Ekona »

It's all a load of gobbledegook! Read the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs especially for that, and it's also comparing an older game with the new one with no genuine basis for doing so (boxes in different states, zooming in on textures that all look blocky), and then it mentions DX12 which isn't out yet nevermind being released when Crysis 1 was out, carbon production being raised 300%... It's all cobblers.

It's a p*ss-take aimed squarely at the people who keep complaining about the dumbing down of the graphics for the console market, which is why I thought it apt to post here ;)
Marf

Post by Marf »

Hook line and sinker :lol:

Still, doesnt change the fact it doesnt look as pretty as the original version.

Crytek are backpedalling by offering a patch for the PC version which has an advanced graphics menu to try and appease the PC market.

The demo's graphics were pish, not enough AA, too much motion blur and almost zero difference between the three graphics levels.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

matt_mr2t wrote:Andy, some people only play COD though and refuse to even try other things any more.

It's like offering a crack addict something new. They're so addicted to the crack they cant give that up to try the other thing :lol:

My mate at work is a prime example of this. WILL NOT play ANYTHING else other than MW2!! Sooooo many better games out there than that!

Borrowing Crysis2 from my mate 2mo morning so gona smash through it in the next through days. Played the first few levels already, impressed so far. :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

ekona wrote:It's all a load of gobbledegook! Read the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs especially for that, and it's also comparing an older game with the new one with no genuine basis for doing so (boxes in different states, zooming in on textures that all look blocky), and then it mentions DX12 which isn't out yet nevermind being released when Crysis 1 was out, carbon production being raised 300%... It's all cobblers.

It's a p*ss-take aimed squarely at the people who keep complaining about the dumbing down of the graphics for the console market, which is why I thought it apt to post here ;)

Har har har har yeeeeeah :clap: \:D/ Mwahahahaha
Marf

Post by Marf »

I dunno what you're laughing about earthquake karma boy, that article may have been a p-ss take but it doesn't change the fact the PC graphics have been sh-t on to make it work on your lowly consoles so they can milk money from the masses ;)

If the complaints regarding the PC graphics are baseless, why are Crytek are racing to get a patch out to improve the PC graphics? :wink:

Like I said, they've xxxx on their core customer base to milk money from the midfield console market.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Their core customer base is the console market now. This applies to just about every games developer out there, perhaps with the exception of Valve. Looking at the two versions side by side, it's hardly like the graphics are crap in either case.

Surely the main point of any game is that it's fun to play, not how pretty it looks? I'd be pi$$ed at Crytek for the gameplay flaws, not the graphics.
Marf

Post by Marf »

ekona wrote:Their core customer base is the console market now.

Granted, but they got where they got off the back of? Yes, thats right. PC Users. That's why for lots of us it feels like a slap in the face.

ekona wrote: Looking at the two versions side by side, it's hardly like the graphics are crap in either case.

Yes, the PC version's graphics are better than the consoles even without the patch, and they are by no means crap. My point is they could have been so much better.

Crysis/Crysis Wars looks far far prettier on the PC than Crysis 2. That's my beef. Whilst I'm sure it looks buff on consoles compared to other games, for PC users it's a backwards step.

The previous version in places almost looked real in places when running at 1080p with detail maxed out. Would have been nice if they'd pushed the envelope to take advantage of the ever increasing power of PC graphics cards. That after all was originally the whole point of Cryengine, it was a card buster whilst being eminently scalable.

If you had the best hardware, it would look utterly amazing.

ekona wrote:Surely the main point of any game is that it's fun to play, not how pretty it looks? I'd be pi$$ed at Crytek for the gameplay flaws, not the graphics.

Most of the fun for me was mastering using the suit under pressure in the first game. It was hard to switch from cloak to speed to power to armour in the space of two seconds, and that made it rewarding. The suit has been simplified, as has the control system for it which for me makes it dumbed down.

Playing the demo it just felt like a scifi COD, and that is not a compliment.

Do I blame Crytek for what is in my view selling out? No.

Commercial pressures (unfortunately) rule all these days. Doesnt mean I have to kiss their ar$e and call it ice cream though, does it?
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

If consoles still used lead solder perhaps the console engine could "have been pushed a bit harder" :clown:
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
Marf

Post by Marf »

:gayfight:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Marf wrote:Playing the demo it just felt like a scifi COD, and that is not a compliment.

I think you've just sold this for me :thumleft: :mrgreen:
Marf

Post by Marf »

Knock yourself out :wink:
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

ekona wrote:
Marf wrote:Yep sounds about right. Thank fizz.

Gutted, was really looking forward to seeing how they'd evolve cryengine for crysis 2. It seems they have devolved it.

Shame on me for thinking they'd keep their core fans happy by actually improving on the previous PC version.

*facepalm* #-o

Someone needs to re-read all that and put their Sarcasm Hat back on ;)

Even as I was reading it, I was reminded of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDgQg6bq7o
fizz

Post by fizz »

Just started playing this on the PC and it blurs way too much when moving for my liking! The first one just seems so crisp and detailed and although the graphics look good on the new one it just has a different feel to it. The new engine aint a step forward in my eyes... ](*,)
Marf

Post by Marf »

fizz wrote:Just started playing this on the PC and it blurs way too much when moving for my liking! The first one just seems so crisp and detailed and although the graphics look good on the new one it just has a different feel to it. The new engine aint a step forward in my eyes... ](*,)

But it's awesome on consoles fizz!!!111! :lol:
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

consoles make up 90% of game developers customer base, if they want to stay in business then they gots to pander to da massiv init :thumleft:

Played crysis 1 on pc n it's top drawer but limited customer base nowadays tends to be the geeky sort that can't afford £40 for a game cos dey blown their giro on a new mouse :lol:
Mr2'less
Marf

Post by Marf »

Razor04 wrote:consoles make up 90% of game developers customer base, if they want to stay in business then they gots to pander to da massiv init :thumleft:

Yes, I get that. Like I said above

Marf wrote:

Do I blame Crytek for what is in my view selling out? No.

Commercial pressures (unfortunately) rule all these days. Doesnt mean I have to kiss their ar$e and call it ice cream though, does it?

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Razor04 wrote:Played crysis 1 on pc n it's top drawer but limited customer base nowadays tends to be the geeky sort that can't afford £40 for a game cos dey blown their giro on a new mouse :lol:

PC gamers generally sit on the other end of the income distribution curve there chap. Sure game prices are lower, but hardware sure isnt ;)
excalibur1814

Word

Post by excalibur1814 »

In all honesty, anyone considering playing Crysis 2 should go grab Crysis 1 and Warhead to have a full understanding of whats going on. Same for games like Half Life and... umm, Doom? :)

I'm still hurt from Command and Conquer 4.. What a really bad game.

MW2: Completed last month, bit boring.
Bulletstorm: Whole lot of fun.
Metro 2033: Playing now
Crysis 2: Next

In order, I'd play Far Cry, then Crysis, Crysis Warhead, then at last Crysis 2.

P.s. Auto-aim on console games make me cry.
Razor04

Re: Word

Post by Razor04 »

excalibur1814 wrote:In all honesty, anyone considering playing Crysis 2 should go grab Crysis 1 and Warhead to have a full understanding of whats going on. Same for games like Half Life and... umm, Doom? :)

I'm still hurt from Command and Conquer 4.. What a really bad game.

MW2: Completed last month, bit boring.
Bulletstorm: Whole lot of fun.
Metro 2033: Playing now
Crysis 2: Next

In order, I'd play Far Cry, then Crysis, Crysis Warhead, then at last Crysis 2.

P.s. Auto-aim on console games make me cry.

No need to cry
You can just turn it off in the options menu mate :wink:
Marf

Post by Marf »

No need to do that on the PC version, its been removed with a patch AUIU.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Completed it on the hardest setting in about 10 hours.

Great game, looks and sounds amazing and does play well but is VERY glitchy and this really lets the game down in places. AI is mostly very good but again they glitch all over the place, running into walls, around and around in circles, stuck on objects etc etc....the stealth mode is ruined in close combat due to the enemy just suddenly spotting you for no good reason at all, or the stealth kill not working at all at times even when prompted to do so on screen!

Over all very good though, sort out the glitches with a patch and it will be excellent! :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.

Return to “Games Consoles”