Homefront?

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

matt_mr2t

Homefront?

Post by matt_mr2t »

Surprised there's no post on this? Looks brilliant from the adverts and got a stonking good write up in the Sun last week.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/10 ... fer=search

It said something along the lines of " for single player this is far better than COD" :thumleft:

I would like to buy it, just not sure when I'll be able to play it :(
fizz

Re: Homefront?

Post by fizz »

3 out of 5 in that link from user reviews... :-k
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

fizz wrote:3 out of 5 in that link from user reviews... :-k

Thats not a bad score.

For single player I'd give MW1 & 2 1-2 stars. Good game play and graphics, no longevity.

Talking purely as a single player game before the COD fans get upset.
Joey

Post by Joey »

I'm playing it at the minute. Not a bad game at all, but in all honesty it's just a stop gap until Crysis 2 is released at the end of the week :)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Joey wrote:I'm playing it at the minute. Not a bad game at all, but in all honesty it's just a stop gap until Crysis 2 is released at the end of the week :)

Ok, so I remember the fuss about Crysis 1 on the PC and that it was too good for consoles.

So why is Crysis 2 on the consoles and is there any point playing it if I havent played the first one?
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

i started crysis 2 on ps3 a few days ago, its awesome but damn easy because even on the hardest setting the ai is stupid.... eg a few times ive been behind an object and been spotted so i go in camo and move away from it. the enemy comes to inspect and just walks into the wall constantly.

online is pretty awesome too its like call of duty on speed.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

H3RB wrote:i started crysis 2 on ps3 a few days ago, its awesome but damn easy because even on the hardest setting the ai is stupid.... eg a few times ive been behind an object and been spotted so i go in camo and move away from it. the enemy comes to inspect and just walks into the wall constantly.

Buuuut is it worth playing having not played the first one?
Joey

Post by Joey »

matt_mr2t wrote:
H3RB wrote:i started crysis 2 on ps3 a few days ago, its awesome but damn easy because even on the hardest setting the ai is stupid.... eg a few times ive been behind an object and been spotted so i go in camo and move away from it. the enemy comes to inspect and just walks into the wall constantly.

Buuuut is it worth playing having not played the first one?

Don't see why not, though you'll need a beefy PC to run it with all the bells and whistles or just take the easy route and play the inferior looking console version :lol:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I'll take the less geeky route and pay £40 for the game. Rather than £1k for a computer and £30 for the PC version ;)
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

So peeps are rating crysis2 online multiplayer? when's it out to buy?
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

friday
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

I`ve watched a few review on youtube for homefront and the AI seem stupid on that to.. Your character is stood there in open view and the AI runs straight pass so you shoot them in the back.

As for crysis 2 ive played the online multiplayer and im not overly impressed, small maps, poor graphics and awkward weapons/aiming sight.

Although i think ive just been spoilt with MW2 as that game has the works.
Joey

Post by Joey »

platmatt8 wrote:

I`ve watched a few review on youtube for homefront and the AI seem stupid on that to.. Your character is stood there in open view and the AI runs straight pass so you shoot them in the back.

As for crysis 2 ive played the online multiplayer and im not overly impressed, small maps, poor graphics and awkward weapons/aiming sight.

Although i think ive just been spoilt with MW2 as that game has the works.

I assume you're talking about a console version?
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

I found Homefront good at the start but after 3 -4 hours kinda boring, as did both of my house mates. We're all back on Black Ops now lol

On a different note, my friend got Crysis 2 yesterday on Xbox and it looks and plays awesomely - total eye candy!!! Someone said earlier the Ai can be a little thick sometimes - very true of Normal difficulty but on Veteran, they smarten a little at least. Didn't play the "Super Soldier" difficulty but apparently if you play Halo/COD on Legendary/Veteran, you'll feel right at home :)

Gonna get my copy tonight....Whoop!

Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

How do you fit in games, mrs, cinema and a car Chris?
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

matt_mr2t wrote:How do you fit in games, mrs, cinema and a car Chris?

Quite easily actually.

Cheryl is a gamer and so has her own xbox live account so we are mostly on at the same time lol. She also loves my car and the fact I drive it lots as she comes too and is normally the bad influence for me driving "at" the speed limits - never higher OBVIOUSLY as thats naughty ;). She also likes cinema too and as we live literally 5 minutes from the Cineworld in huntingdon, its a second home :D

See....easy ;)

Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

ive almost finished it on the hardest setting and i dont find it half as hard as cod on veteran. there are alot of ways to sneak past eg, one level your on a dock surrounded by warehouses, you have to cross the docks full of enemys after 2 or 3 attempts at doing it i just turned my cloak on ran and jumped out the window into the water, swam all the way to the far side and got out without being seen.
mulitplayer is great too i love how you have to collect dog tags to earn kill streaks it stops all the campers hiding for big kill streaks
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Chr15py wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:How do you fit in games, mrs, cinema and a car Chris?

Quite easily actually.

Cheryl is a gamer and so has her own xbox live account so we are mostly on at the same time lol. She also loves my car and the fact I drive it lots as she comes too and is normally the bad influence for me driving "at" the speed limits - never higher OBVIOUSLY as thats naughty ;). She also likes cinema too and as we live literally 5 minutes from the Cineworld in huntingdon, its a second home :D

See....easy ;)

Chris

No wonder you proposed to her lol.

Wish I could get mine into computer games and cars. We do the Cinema which is good. And we both like sex, which is awesome.

If Beckham signs for Spurs in November she'll even come to football matches with me.

So I'm getting there.
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

Ignore what i said in my previous post it`s a great campain game!!!!

BUT.......

I bought this game yesterday and have just completed it :evil: :evil:
I`d say it`s taken me less than 4 hours.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

4 hours? That's worse than COD FFS? Glad I didnt go out and buy it.

Return to “Games Consoles”