Netgear NAT settings

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

platmatt8

Netgear NAT settings

Post by platmatt8 »

Has anybody setup their xbox up with a manual static ip address and then applied that to their netgear router?

I ask because although on (MW2) it says i`ve got an open NAT i still cant connect to alot of games i seem to search through 20 possible games and then automatically setup a game.

If i connect the xbox direct to my modem no problems. so im thinking i need to set a static ip but after watching many videos on youtube and reading how to`s im still clueless as there are a lot of negative comments saying it doesnt work.
H3RB

Re: Netgear NAT settings

Post by H3RB »

just try setting the 360 to a static ip then set that ip to dmz in the router, should work fine then. thats how i used to do it with the net gear routers you get from sky/virgin
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Try this also: http://portforward.com/english/applicat ... 0index.htm

Bear in mind a DMZ leaves your console completely open. It probably wont be a problem, but port forwarding is much more secure than putting it on a DMZ.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Gazza_DJ wrote:Try this also: http://portforward.com/english/applicat ... 0index.htm

Bear in mind a DMZ leaves your console completely open. It probably wont be a problem, but port forwarding is much more secure than putting it on a DMZ.

no worries leaving your console on dmz but if it were a pc you were doing it too then yeah port forwarding would be best
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

Im not dunce when i comes to computers but that port fowarding is b0ll0x, after multiple attempts it still wouldnt work. the instructions maybe clear to the chap who wrote it but it`s way over my head.
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

SORTED!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I followed port forwarding website to the letter and nothing would work, i tried to update the router firmware via the router istself and still no joy.

SOO.....

I downloaded the lastest firmware from netgear to my pc and uploaded it to the router via the router browse hard drive function.

Needless to say BISH,BASH,BOSH i`m writing this post while waiting for the intermission on MW2.

Awsome!!!
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Congrats :thumleft:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

platmatt8 wrote:I downloaded the lastest firmware from netgear to my pc and uploaded it to the router via the router browse hard drive function.

Nice.
Last time I upgraded my Netgear router firmware (last week), I had to search again for an older version. As the new firmware breaks the ability to reserve ip addresses in DHCP ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Return to “Games Consoles”