Using Parts For Sale section for breaking cars :-(

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

raptor95GTS

Re: Using Parts For Sale section for breaking cars :-(

Post by raptor95GTS »

Limeymk1 wrote:Shouldn't bother discussing this guys the majority of the committee don't seem to give a toss.

well we can always fill their inboxes with helpful suggestions :)
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Should get at least some feedback I thought Scott would have popped in

Scott I'm calling you out biatch!!! Lol

What's going on ?
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Should get at least some feedback I thought Scott would have popped in

Scott I'm calling you out biatch!!! Lol

What's going on ?
greeny

Post by greeny »

Have to agree, certain traders are taking the pi$$ in the forsale section.

Why dont the affiliated traders have their own section?

And then limit their accounts to only post bits for sale in their?
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Options are being discussed by the Committee to try and make things a better for people. Apologies for the slow reply, just seems to be a busy time for everyone at the moment and we want to make sure what we do is right.

As many of you know, trying to recode and move things once its up and running can be very difficult.

I will be honest, you may not see much improvement before the launch of the new website but we will try and incorporate something into the new website, even if its as simple as one thread per car being broken.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

Who's in charge of who actually gets trader status.

Some people should have it removed as they make IMOC look like a joke.

I spoke to one of the mods about a certain trader and how people come to IMOC to buy a quality used mr2 not a banger that has had anything of any value sold and repaced with crap parts then sold on as a minter.

Now i've had a pm from a member who has been sold a banger by the trader and is pretty pi$$ed off.

The premium members pay for this site and the traders make good money from us. I use the traders affiliated with imoc and sometimes pay more than needed to get the job done to my standards.

Not every Tom, Dick or Harry should be able to get trader status.
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

Isn't it just a case of dealing with the offending users? Theres no need for a change in rules, recoding etc we just need the rules to be applied and the offending adverts removed.

There already exists a section for breaking cars so whether a private individual or a trader no parts from breaking cars should appear in the normal for sale section. Is it not as simple as that?

NB I appreciate private traders pay a higher membership fee but I dont feel that gives them the right to dominate the the for sale section at the expense of other members who also pay for the privilege of using the for sale section.
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

jasongtr wrote:i would happily do that but i was told to become what i am. Also my status is a premium member too. And i dont see anyone else on here as a private trader posting on this thread

Just to give my 2p's worth.

My gripe is on the other end of the scale IMO.

A few months back i wanted to sell some air fresheners i had made up, these actually advertise IMOC when a member hangs it from their mirror.....and to be honest this was the angle i was coming from when i had them made up.

However when i posted a single post in the for sales section it was quickly removed. I was then told i had to become an affiliate in order to sell them. Bare in mind the item i was trying to sell was for just a few quid and thats posted. I obviously didnt have thousands made up so made up and would not be viable any way, not really worth my time but trying to do my bit for the club.

I paid my affiliates fee for the remainder of the year which was over 20 quid, this got me three months or thereabouts of sale time. I had already paid my premium membership fee so thats on top of that. I was doing the right thing even though i could go to the sales section at any given time and point out traders/breakers/multiple posters instantly but were not paying any extra.

My initial sales thread then re-appeared and was moved in to the affiliates section where hardly anybody looks. I think it was my second time in 6 years and one of them was to look at my thread. I think i was in between disc brakes and carbon fibre at one stage. #-o I didn't sell a single thing in that section, i managed to sell four or five whilst in the normal section...... just goes to show which gets the traffic.

To me the affiliates fee was a total waste of money.

I can't sell them in the IMOC shop, can't sell them in the general sections or parts and its not worth my money paying to be an affiliate or make sense being in that section.

The fees would make sense if i was selling expensive parts/modifications or even breaking a car offereing multiple parts or services. But an IMOC airfreshener #-o :roll:
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

I can see what you are saying about the air fresheners

don't quote me on this but if you where selling the air freshener and making no money, i think you could sell them, ?!

but if your trying to make money from the forum then no mater if its 1p or £1000 you need to be a affiliate rules are rules I agree tbh
Last edited by Leakie Tbar on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryan

Post by ryan »

Leakie Tbar wrote: rules are rules

Mike 'MR2' McHugh

well ive got a box of them going to waste ! On the bright side i have enough to last me the next 5 years .
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

Mike 'MR2' McHugh wrote:well ive got a box of them going to waste ! On the bright side i have enough to last me the next 5 years .
I can feel another thread coming on.... Mike using my "Using Parts For Sale section for breaking cars :-(" thread to flog air fresheners!!!!! LOL
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

JeffD wrote:
Mike 'MR2' McHugh wrote:well ive got a box of them going to waste ! On the bright side i have enough to last me the next 5 years .

I can feel another thread coming on.... Mike using my "Using Parts For Sale section for breaking cars :-(" thread to flog air fresheners!!!!! LOL

I guess it is a bit of a tedeous link :lol:
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Leakie Tbar wrote:I can see what you are saying about the air fresheners

don't quote me on this but if you where selling the air freshener and making no money, i think you could sell them, ?!

but if your trying to make money from the forum then no mater if its 1p or £1000 you need to be a affiliate rules are rules I agree tbh

After postage, buying packaging and the actual freshener its self . . .. . nowt made. Im actually out of pocket :mad:
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

list them all individualy in the parts for sale mate :roll:
my car has gone now,or i would have had a few off you.
excellent quality and a must for every mr2 enthusiast :thumleft:
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

ancient mariner wrote:list them all individualy in the parts for sale mate :roll:
my car has gone now,or i would have had a few off you.
excellent quality and a must for every mr2 enthusiast :thumleft:

Hahaha one for each fragrence !!!

Oh no . . . . . :shock: . ...... .. :( ..... or is that really a good thing ? atleast you had a quick sale. Did it go to a member ?
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

yes mate,the chap who brought it is a new member.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

Who is in charge of who gets trader status?
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

dazzz wrote:Who is in charge of who gets trader status?
someone that shouldnt be by the looks of it
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Jasper

The air freshener thing is a bit sad, but I think you got caught up in the whole 'are you making money' thing.

If people know traders are advertising privately then a quiet word in the above's ear should be had.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”