JAE Sunday

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

stevenb

JAE Sunday

Post by stevenb »

Well.....it was a bit wet.... 8-[ .
hardly any cars on IMOC stand.

I was parked with the mk1 club who had a fair turnout.

Weather was ok at 1st but then it turned and stayed wet.
Hardly any cars about. :(
Oh well....better luck for next year I hope. [-o<

I cant believe how cold it was.....not even warm in July. ](*,) .....British weather sucks. :x

My fave car had to be the NSX-R in white. Stunning. :D
craig

Re: JAE Sunday

Post by craig »

Got back a while ago, wasn't overly impressed tbh. The Stalls weren't as good as last year. They were selling shoes and dolls FFS :roll:

Was ok, but was expecting it to be better. The IMOC stand looked a bit, well xxxx IMO.

Glad I was on Team Overboost, we had a right laugh. IMOC at night had one gazeebo and looked like it was a grannies meeting LMFAO!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

RedMR² wrote: IMOC at night had one gazeebo and looked like it was a grannies meeting LMFAO!

:lol: :lol:
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

Billing had a far superior atmosphere. Ok I know the weather was rotten be even so. The party atmosphere didnt exist.

i didn't even look at the trade stalls, infact it's the shortest visit to JAE I've ever done. Arrived at midday and left at 2.15pm :(
Matt

Post by Matt »

RedMR² wrote:Got back a while ago, wasn't overly impressed tbh. The Stalls weren't as good as last year. They were selling shoes and dolls FFS :roll:

Was ok, but was expecting it to be better. The IMOC stand looked a bit, well xxxx IMO.

Glad I was on Team Overboost, we had a right laugh. IMOC at night had one gazeebo and looked like it was a grannies meeting LMFAO!

Came over to IMOC L:cyclops: :cyclops: KED but no-one was there!

It was the first car show (and my 1st JAE) that I had taken the girlfriend too, she thinks all the car stuff is a bit like trainspotting!!! [-X Anyway, she revelled in taking the p1ss when the first stall she sees is selling dolls!!

I think I have converted her, she wants to go to Santa Pod!
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Saturday was pretty good, nice weather in the end

erm
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

I had an ok time, left early on Sunday. Some really friendly people, especially Mark, Martin, Paul and everyone else who very kindly taught me what 'piles' were! :)

But the IMOC stand was a bit naff. No one came over to chat either when me and my partner were walking around or when on Saturday we went over to the marquee. Toni and the admins were friendly and so on, but without any events or club stuff, there was nothing really to hold IMOC together as a group... =D>

If I have an MR2 next year I hope that you'll do some IMOC events...

Prices for parts (and the shoes etc) were naff for the most part...

Food was good and as long as you got up early, showers were fine... :roll:

I just get the feeling that I'd have fitted in more with the OC / DC stand rather than IMOC which (and maybe shoot me down for this) felt a bit groupy? :eye: Anyway, what do I know, I'm only 21. ](*,)
philster_d

Post by philster_d »

We got home safely :)

Had fun, thanks everyone.

Agree it was the worst JAE in my 3 years of attending, only took one brief walk around the trade in the entire weekend.

I wonder if half the traders stayed at billings ?

/Philster.
phild

Post by phild »

Glad you got home OK Phil & Gemma
Despite the very best efforts of the IMOC organisors, the weather, combined with a very poor display from the trade stands made it one not really to remember, had a laugh last night and the beer went down well but as I said, a little dissapointed overall. Will be back next year though cos' things can only get better (as the song goes).
I would have stayed a bit longer but the weather forcast said that it was going to keep raining and get heavier as the day progressed so we went.
p.s. got the lights fixed on OK, more involved than I thought but they look great!!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Wow thanks guys! Blimey. What can I say we tried our best...well some of us did anyway. Any show is what you make of it, those of us who made an effort seemed to have a good time.

Had 55 different cars on the stand Saturday, and some 40 odd today (more than on the MK1Club I should say, they just laid it out better). The stand looked a bit empty though I have to say, particularly Sunday, mainly due to everyone just parking round the edge! It kind of all went t1ts up when the heavens opened mind...

Personally had a great time, right down to watching the F1 Grand Prix on a telly in the IMOC tent this afternoon, LOL. Other IMOC 'events' included interclub footie (we woz robbed) and the evening BBQ where roughly 30 people were there on and off, also a good laugh.

Am knackered and my truck is full of wet club stuff I am now having to dry out.

I'd personally like to thank the guys who helped us set out and clear up for their sterling work. Alex and Anna, Tom, Chris (limeyMK1), Tiamat (otherwise known as Imelda Marcos or Malcom the tea maker) and Vashy. Oh and thanks Philster for the BBQ.

I should add I didn't know many of these people before the weekend, only forum names :) So not 'groupy' IMHO, just a good laugh, and that kind of thing always takes getting into...yes we did have a couple of gazebos up, but then we didn't get wet either :wink: well not until we had to take them down anyway...

If it seemed people weren't being approached it's a shame but we were bl00dy busy the whole time! I only got half an hour to see round the ground on Saturday afternoon, other than that didn't get to see a thing!

T
Last edited by tonigmr2 on Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

Even though i was on the mk1 stand,i thought the IMOC organisers did very well,considering up to now,they didn't have a proper gazebo.

I'm sure the Imoc club stand will be even better next year .
I must admit i did always like Billing but JAE has had to move on,a bit more effort from the East of England showground for next year and we will all be enjoying it just as much as Billing!

Imoc did well =D>
anna

Post by anna »

Good to meet lots of you!

I had a pretty good weekend all in: Sold my Mk1 NA which means everything should be set to buy the Supercharger I have first dibs on, and also sold the number plate on my rust silver mk1 :D

Downsides of the weekend were: It was bloody freezing at night (and a some points in the day), Alex's (Speedy's) mobile phone got stolen :(, and we only managed to draw 2-2 in the footy match between IMOC and MR2mk1 club :-s
projectprelude

Post by projectprelude »

thought it was wickid except the rain :(
Rhonsmr2

Post by Rhonsmr2 »

Hiya

I did come over to see you but couldn't find anyone either :(

I did see Paul and Michelle - didnt matter where I was they were there :lol: :lol:

Dale - oops sorry I forgot your extinguisher! will remember it next time!

System G and Nichola - cars looking good :D

and Fizz! eventually! after several txt's and calls LOL.........

Nice to catch up with you :D

Was the first time I'd been too, and luckily it was yesterday so had the better day of the two.

I thought there would be more events going on around the place too, but perhaps thats cos I've been to santapod where there was stuff going on all day.

I agree with the doll stall....... WTF was that doin there! had they mis pitched from a local market LOL.........

Anyway, I wont be put off! I'll be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont be hard on the organisers on IMOC....... hard job pleasing everyone and without someone taking control, there might not have been a stand at all...........

Rhon
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

anna wrote:Good to meet lots of you!

I had a pretty good weekend all in: Sold my Mk1 NA which means everything should be set to buy the Supercharger I have first dibs on, and also sold the number plate on my rust silver mk1 :D

Downsides of the weekend were: It was bloody freezing at night (and a some points in the day), Alex's (Speedy's) mobile phone got stolen :(, and we only managed to draw 2-2 in the footy match between IMOC and MR2mk1 club :-s

[-o< for better weather next year.
:oops: You should be,losing to an old team :D couldn't beat the mk1 club!!! :lol:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Remind me when its on and if its closer, ill have a few things to say too :twisted:
speedy_g

Post by speedy_g »

Think I kinda agree with some of this, could have done with something for everyone to, rather that forming seperate small groups

I arrived very late on saturday, and as such felt a bit left out to be honest

Met Glenn (Earl), Shaf, Chris and his Girlfriend, and BenF's girlfriend who were all really nice.

My shopping list has now doubled, and my girlfriend wants the light blue supra that won best toyota
anna

Post by anna »

Mk1Supercharger SE Steve wrote:
:oops: You should be,losing to an old team :D couldn't beat the mk1 club!!! :lol:

Except they did have the youngest players.... (well, that's my excuse anyway)

:D
anna

Post by anna »

Suggestions to make JAE better next year would be:

1. set up a grass autotest or something at one end of a field for some fun

2. Allow campfires to keep everyone warm!

Sorry to anybody who felt it was a bit groupy - you should have come and had a natter. Dunno bout anyone else, but in the evening I was just 'huddling' for warmth!

Some classic conversational topics though - Piles, smokey bacon crisps.....etc :D
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hey,

Just got back from JAE, was ok but bloody windy ! :)

On Saturday I Parked on the stand next to a black one at the back, that was gettin worked on, no idea who’s it was but it was nice :D

Compared to last year, there was definitely more space to move around and do the shopping trip to Tesco :D

I think not havin a Fairground bit like last year was a bit odd.

But every one was nice enough, enjoyed ma self. Will be going next year lets hope its warmer [-o<

Jay

Return to “Past Events”