southampton area rep?

Thinking of arranging an event, looking for an event in an area - ask in here!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

badgerbob

southampton area rep?

Post by badgerbob »

Hi guys, has IMOC got regional reps, im looking to get in touch with the rep for south central? can anyone point me in the right direction :thumleft:
badgerbob

Re: southampton area rep?

Post by badgerbob »

no one?????
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Volunteering Bob? Looks like we need one.... :whistle:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
badgerbob

Post by badgerbob »

cheers for the offer bud but i have commitments elsewhere :oops: , im far from wanting to choose sides as at the end of the day were all here for the same reason...we love the mr2 :D , could i propose you seek a regional rep for the southern area on behalf of imoc so that in a joint effort we can organise meets that attract larger numbers, at current activity in the south has died completely :(

let us know your views and opinions on the idea :thumleft:
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

definitley up for a meet, iv been an mr2 owner now for over 2 years but not been to 1 meetup :thumleft:
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

badgerbob, as a rule we don't run regional reps. We have too often found that they either get bored and don't do meets or people get reluctant to do meets in the area because they are not the regional rep.

The usual thing to do, such as we used to do with the Guildford Meet (well when I ran it anyway...) was to make a decision and post up the date, event, time etc and put it on IMOC and the OC.

Its that simple really.

Plus the regions thing I find a bit weird, we have people advertising a "South East" meet and they are north of London. To me, thats not South East....
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Well i have no problem with you becoming an events organiser for IMOC, depends if 'the other side' have an issue.
We have Mark & Lyn who do exactly this for both clubs in the Essex region and that works perfectly.
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
badgerbob

Post by badgerbob »

im more than happy to promote meets between both clubs :thumleft: , the only difficulty i would face would be the national meets as my loyalty would remain with the oc when parking as a club stand. (not that theres much difference as i always walk around chatting to peeps from imoc anyhow :) ) for that reason wouldnt want to give the wrong impression of becoming an imoc rep also and not supporting you directly if that makes sense?

in a nutshell all the events organised in the future ill keep posted between clubs :thumleft:

imoc/oc it doesnt make a difference to me at local meets who's from which club, i purely organise meets as we all have the same passion. getting to know peeps and sharing ideas is how these great clubs keep going :thumleft:

cheers :D

Return to “Events Discussion”