SW20 TSS Build

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

k11cpc

Re: SW20 TSS Build

Post by k11cpc »

It's a pp cage from rogue. You would have to cut 6 squares out of the carpet, the cormers of the dash and prob the door cards.
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Hmm, that seems feasible. I re-read the Tss rules and it says the interior can be removed to fit a cage, I thought I wasn't allowed to remove any of the interior.

Would you still be able to fit a pillar pod?
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

If you look at this pic (wrong side I know) but it will give you an idea. There is very little room so it would be tight if its possible....

Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Cheers, if it is the same on the driver side, I'd say there is pretty much no chance of fitting 2 60mm gauges in a MR2Eddy pod (or any other pillar pod for that matter).

Back to the drawing board.....
January 2014

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

Fitted my new Ultra Racing rear Strut Brace which I'm now stocking. Looks great really pleased with it... They do braces for pretty much anything.

All my parts arrived so the car should be finished by early next week. Sorted out all my graphics for the car yesterday so it's going to look like a proper track car soon!!
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

OK it's been a hard weekend but we are 99.9% finished ready for the Redline Photo Shoot on Wed!!!

First up was the Hi Spec handbrake calipers! Nightmare is not the word. There was only one spot that the calipers could fit and man was it a tight squeeze. Had to fabricate some brackets out of some decent steel plate so that its nice and strong. Here is how they are looking..

Next I decided to finish off the interior. First up was sorting out my two Cobra Seats and TRS Harnesses

Then I fitted my new OMP christmas present from my parents and my amazing wife ;)

With that done I re fitted the Charge Cooler Pre-Rad and tied up all the loose cables and wires under the car and with that done it was me finished!! Here are some pic's of the car just a sun strip to go on after the MOT and we are all ready for the shoot as long as it passes the MOT :cool:

Once the shoot is done then it's time for some race graphic's and we are good for Rockingham and with time to spare! Take that people who said I would never do it in 4 months :lol:
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Great work Chris! :clap: :mrgreen:
January 2014

May 2015

Still in the garage...
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

Ok so today I fitted the abs hubs off my old car, abs ecu and raised the coilovers so need geometry done again... battery went flat on way home too so had to get towed home... losing the will to live now!!! :@ can't decide if its the rad fans running all the time, lots of stop starts, dead battery or alternator not playing ball. Rolling road tomorrow then I can finish putting the abs system off my old car onto this one as there is no non return valve causing brakes not to work when coming off boost :shock: Starting to question if its really worth all the effort......
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Wait 'til you get the photoshoot done & get to the first race!
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

Hey Steve.. exhaust is going to be ok just.... hope you sell it. Still can't solve the brake issue Rogue tell me there should be a non return valve somewhere but I can't find one... Did the car start life as a N/A??? Problem should go away I hope... Oh it is a faulty alternator thats giving me stick. Could only get just over 270bhp out of her tho as the new clutch is slipping if you take the boost any higher than 1bar. Not sure if there is something wrong or if it just needs bedding in as the car has only done 35/40 miles since fitting the clutch.. With that sorted we should see 280+bhp which is good for standard ecu and fuel.
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

k11cpc wrote:Hey Steve.. exhaust is going to be ok just.... hope you sell it. Still can't solve the brake issue Rogue tell me there should be a non return valve somewhere but I can't find one... Did the car start life as a N/A??? Problem should go away I hope... Oh it is a faulty alternator thats giving me stick. Could only get just over 270bhp out of her tho as the new clutch is slipping if you take the boost any higher than 1bar. Not sure if there is something wrong or if it just needs bedding in as the car has only done 35/40 miles since fitting the clutch.. With that sorted we should see 280+bhp which is good for standard ecu and fuel.

Bummer, pinned my hopes on that exhaust going back on the car!! Ha!
The alternator causing which issue? The steering assistance?
Sad news on clutch, still, decent power!
Nope, car was a GT turbo all it's life. Isn't the non return valve under the O/S inspection panel where it meets the rear window or am I thinking of something else? I'll have a nosey on BGB later.
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

The alternator is broke which was causing the battery to die after a day or two. Not havin much luck....

There is no valve under that panel rogue told me to look there but its not going to be that simple :(
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

k11cpc wrote:The alternator is broke which was causing the battery to die after a day or two. Not havin much luck....

There is no valve under that panel rogue told me to look there but its not going to be that simple :(

It's not quite under the panel, you have to follow the booster hose round a bit further to almost where it disappears into the car.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

Thanks.... might give me chance to change the clutch rather than just adding the abs stuff :D
sjm1984

Post by sjm1984 »

this isnt a track car...............................This is a MINT fast road car :D

I'm liking this alot =P~
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

when you drive it and it's harsh and you can hear every tiny stone flick up and hit the under side of the car and hear every noise the engine makes and as there is no heater freeze your toes off it certainly is a track car.... Looks great in pics but the paint finish is pants...... Will look good when stickered up with sponsorship next week...

Check out redline mag next month after 12th April as there is a feature going in the mag :D Photo shoot is done but they won't let me have the pic's incase I post them up before the mag goes on sale.... :(
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Booooo
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

Here are a few pic's of the finished car at it's first outing at Rockingham this weekend..

Not the best result but there are going to be a few more tweeks before the next round in 7 and a bit weeks :D
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Looks good mate. I'm going to have to unsubscribe from this thread though, it depresses me :lol:
January 2014

May 2015

Still in the garage...

Return to “Project Cars”